• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

21 Grams Rebalanced

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For those of you who weren't able to grab it before MU shut down, new links will be up soon.

For those of you who don't want to download the DVD but still want to see the edit, I am currently uploading a 1GB avi of the movie.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
New dlc is up for the DVD and the avi. Enjoy!

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finished watching. Well done Gatos! It is definitely a less painful version to watch than the original and an interesting alternative cut. Great work!

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
geminigod said:
Finished watching. Well done Gatos! It is definitely a less painful version to watch than the original and an interesting alternative cut. Great work!

Thank you sir!

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone else had trouble with the dlc for the DVD version? Jdownloader will try to decrypt each of the links for quite a while, and ultimately won't load anything. And yes, I've tried dlcs for other edits to see if the problem was with my JD. They did work, including the one for the avi version of this edit, which I'm downloading right now.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Avengedskull, check your inbox, i sent you a message.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
gatos, the advance press has me totally fired up for your edit.

but i've got to see the original first.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
gatos, the advance press has me totally fired up for your edit.

but i've got to see the original first.

What are you waiting for?! Get to it! :p But seriously the original is a great movie so you should definitely watch it.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just a heads-up ssj, the theatrical is brutal... just.. emotionally brutal. Good.. but just be ready for an emotionally exhausting film-experience.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i'll put the kidz to sleep & wear a lead apron for this one, L8.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey everybody, Thanks to all who voted for this edit for FE of the month! And thanks to all who took the time to download and watch this edit period. I just wanted to ask that if you watched this edit if you could leave a review or feedback (what you liked, what you didn't like etc.) , either on the forum or on the fanedit page, it would be greatly appreciated. And at the very least, if you could rate the edit on the fanedit page (link is in my signature) that too would be appreciated! Thanks.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
in anticipation of watching the gatos version, i'm watching the theatrical cut. . . and i can watch no more than 15-20 minutes at a time. devastating stuff.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
in anticipation of watching the gatos version, i'm watching the theatrical cut. . . and i can watch no more than 15-20 minutes at a time. devastating stuff.

Better off just doing it like a band-aid ;-)

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gatos said:
Better off just doing it like a band-aid ;-)

I have to agree, spreading that level of misery over several days is unhealthy:)

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Im in a similar situation as ssj, this movie for me is like Requiem For A Dream and Carrie, i love both movies and think they are fantastic but they're really difficult-if not-impossible to re-watch. I still plan on watching you're edit, Gatos, but it may be a bit before i do.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Im in a similar situation as ssj, this movie for me is like Requiem For A Dream and Carrie, i love both movies and think they are fantastic but they're really difficult-if not-impossible to re-watch. I still plan on watching you're edit, Gatos, but it may be a bit before i do.

No worries. I'm with you on Requiem For A Dream, that is one movie I've watched once and will never watch again.
Although there are several disturbing scenes, and parts that stay with you etc. I was actually most uncomfortable seeing Ellen Burstyn get the electroshock therapy

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sometimes, just for a bit o' twisted fun, i chant to my wife, "be excited, be be excited!" :oops:

although i can appreciate the artistry of depressing masterpieces, they become more difficult to watch as the years go by. and movies that make me feel bad and have very little artistic value. . . i just turn them off now. more so than when i was a young man, i can see the value of escapist entertainment.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rebue:

Nonlinear storytelling can make for great entertainment—take Pulp Fiction. But the degree of fragmentation also matters. Pulp Fiction's nonlinearity worked because its fragments came in big enough chunks.

21 Grams, in its theatrical incarnation, was as fragmented as a puzzle on the floor of Mr. Plinkett's dungeon. For that reason, it took me almost half an hour into the movie to become invested in its characters.

Gatos's version is a masterful retelling of the same story. Aside from a few well-selected scenes at the beginning of the movie, the story is told from A to Z, and it works very well. Inarritu's atmosphere of pain and disintegration are still there in this linear version, but, my knowledge of the story notwithstanding, I felt I got my bearings sooner while watching Gatos's version.

Viewing both the theatrical and rebalanced version of 21 Grams would be instructional for any student of film. No longer does one have to wonder what it would be like to view a chronological version of the director's vision, because Gatos gives us a highly refined alternative. I offer my highest recommendation for this edit.

Top Bottom