• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

2022 Movies

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
About time we had one of these threads for 2022, hopefully a normal year of cinema going.

To the start the discussion... so 'The Batman' is apparently 3-hours long?!? The same length as 'Avengers: Endgame' which had to wrap up the stories of about 20 characters, from across 20 movies, not just to begin the story of one superhero. It had better be worth my time but all the reviews seem to say it's great, so fingers crossed.

I saw the trailer for the new Robert Eggers joint the other day at the cinema:

^ At first I thought it was a Scandi reboot of Conan.

Technically Avatar 2 is scheduled to be released this year and since the live action filming has wrapped, this year it might actually happen. After rewatching the original, I'm very excited for another adventure on Pandora.

Last edited:
Almost every movie I see talked about for this year is part of a franchise. And I honestly can’t think of a single one I care about.

Some of the very few movies I’m anticipating :

Killers of the Flower Moon
Don’t Worry Darling
Rustin
Deep Water
Babylon

I’m sure there’s more on the docket that I just don’t know about, but it’s somewhat depressing to see so many 2022 lists that consist almost entirely of franchise blockbusters.

About time we had one of these threads for 2022, hopefully a normal year of cinema going.

To the start the discussion... so 'The Batman' is apparently 3-hours long?!? The same length as 'Avengers: Endgame' which had to wrap up the stories of about 20 characters, from across 20 movies, not just to begin the story of one suerhero. It had better be worth my time but all the reviews seem to say it's great, so fingers crossed.

I saw the trailer for the new Robert Eggers joint the other day at the cinema:

^ At first I thought it was a Scandi reboot of Conan.

Technically Avatar 2 is scheduled to be released this year and since the live action filming has wrapped, this year it might actually happen. After rewatching the original, I'm very excited for another adventure on Pandora.

Even ignoring me wanting more Batfleck, the 3 hour mark is pretty intimidating. Hope it's good. Would've been more interested, if the movie looked like a bigger budget version of this fan animated version of the treaser.

Just saw The Batman last night and it's fantastic. If The Dark Knight was a melding of Batman and Heat, this melds Batman with Seven, Zodiac, and Chinatown to create a truly great film. Yeah, the obligatory third act fight might seem a little out of place at first, but by the end it makes sense and works well to sell the story and character growth they were going for. The film always stays grounded, and for the first time Batman actually feels like the world's greatest detective and not just a guy who dresses up in a costume to fight crime (even if sometimes he overlooks obvious clues).

Anyone who is a fan of the detective/thriller/mystery genre will love this movie and hopefully Reeves and Pattinson can get together again soon to deliver another great tale.

I have to admit that I wasn’t planning on seeing it as I’ve definitely got superhero movie fatigue, but my interest has been piqued. I’m still not sure I will see it in the theater, but I may. I like Pattinson. But I’ve never seen Twilight or any of that. He was great in both Good Time and The Lighthouse.

840_560.jpg

'Blonde', the forthcoming Marilyn Monroe biopic starring Ana de Armas is apparently going to have an NC-17 rating. It's directed by Andrew Dominik ('Chopper', 'The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford' etc), with music by Nick Cave/Warren Ellis. This could be interesting!

The Elvis biopic from Baz Luhrmann looks more doubtful but it could still be a masterpiece?

I think I’ve only seen four 2022 movies so far:

Windfall
The Batman
The Adam Project
Kimi

There’s obviously a lot of sequels and franchise films coming this year, but here’s a list of perhaps lesser tracked movies that at least have my interest. Though some (as Deep Water did) might fall of my list. Most don’t have release dates yet, but I’ve tried to list them if known.

Everything Everywhere All At Once (out now)
Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent (April 22)
Under the Banner of Heaven (April 28)
Three Thousand Years of Longing (May)
The Gray Man (July)
Don’t Worry Darling (September 23)
Tár (October 7)
The Banshees of Inisherin (October 21)
The Fabelmans (November 23)
Rustin
Killers of the Flower Moon
Wash Me in the River
Blonde
Bardo
Napoleon
The Killer
The Way of the Wind
Poor Things
White Noise
The Stars at Noon
Disappointment Blvd
Armageddon Time
The Wonder
Babylon
Asteroid City
Empire of Light
Maestro (might be 2023)

Last edited:
Okay not strictly a movie but it looks like one, from Danny Boyle:

Terrific trailer, like the use of 4:3, looks almost like it's real footage from the 70s.

These are both looking good but it will be irritating if they're only on Netflix.

It’s that time of the year to look back at the movies of the previous year. I’ve still got quite a few yet to see, but here is my movies of 2022 ranking so far:

The Banshees of Inisherin
Tár
Everything Everywhere All At Once
The Menu
Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent
Emily to the Criminal
Glass Onion
Elvis
See how They Run
Three Thousand Years of Longing
Amsterdam
Nope