• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

2020 Movies

This looks fun in a sort of 90s comedy caper kind of way...

As decreed by Irish law, Star Trek's Colm Meaney has a cameo.

This Horror movie by first time Director Rose Glass is getting rave reviews:

I notice the back cover for the forthcoming Godfather Coda blu ray is stating 157 minutes (5 minutes shorter than the original version of Godfather 3) and says it will have "a new beginning and ending, as well as changes to scenes, shots and music cues". With English, French and Spanish 5.1 mixes.

Oscar/Bafta winning Director Steve McQueen is releasing a brand new film every week, starting this Sunday on BBC1.  The project is called "Small Axe".  The man is crazy ambitious, he's released 4 films in 12 years and now 5 in the next month or so!  They're all co-written by him too.  John Boyega, Shaun Parkes, Letitia Wright and Jack Lowden star among others. It's a co production between the BBC and Amazon, where it will debut soon after.  I can't wait! :)

The 5 films will be:

- Mangrove
- Lovers Rock
- Red, White and Blue
- Alex Wheatle
- Education

Series overview trailer:

Trailer for the first film 'Mangrove':

Traditional methods of film release have taken a real knock this year but new ways to put movies out there like this are pretty cool.

Cool. I had heard of Lovers Rock and Mangrove but none of the others. I had thought they had stalked due to COVID. I’ll watch for sure.

TM2YC said:
Oscar/Bafta winning Director Steve McQueen is releasing a brand new film every week, starting this Sunday on BBC1.  The project is called "Small Axe".  The man is crazy ambitious, he's released 4 films in 12 years and now 5 in the next month or so!  They're all co-written by him too.  John Boyega, Shaun Parkes, Letitia Wright and Jack Lowden star among others. It's a co production between the BBC and Amazon, where it will debut soon after.  I can't wait! :)

The 5 films will be:

- Mangrove
- Lovers Rock
- Red, White and Blue
- Alex Wheatle
- Education

Series overview trailer:

Trailer for the first film 'Mangrove':

Traditional methods of film release have taken a real knock this year but new ways to put movies out there like this are pretty cool.

I’m seeing that Mangrove was released to Amazon Prime yesterday, but I can’t find it. We are on the German Prime but usually these exclusives are released globally. Can anyone in another country confirm that it has been released?

^
Available to buy on Amazon Prime.......... Buy Episode 1 HD £2.49

sgp1428 said:
^
Available to buy on Amazon Prime.......... Buy Episode 1 HD £2.49

Hmm, must just not be available in Germany. Disappointing. :(

The first film is free-to-view on BBC iPlayer and available to buy on UK Amazon Prime but the other four are still to be broadcast/released.  McQueen's trial of the Mangrove 9 film and Aaron Sorkin's 'The trial of the Chicago 7' film make a great thematic double-bill if you have Netflix and Amazon/BBC.

The Hunt (2020)    (US Amazon Prime Video with Cinemax trial)

betty-gilpin-the-hunt.jpg

Yeah, trust the critics on this one: The Hunt is not very good. Its muddled politics don't just subvert the more obvious gimmick (instead of right-wingers hunting liberals, it's the other way around) for no good reason, the villain's big third act speech just lands with a dull thud, and the climactic one-on-one fight is not terribly well shot, and too cartoony to be credible. Hint: when your very simple story requires an extended mid-movie flashback to explain its premise, it's time for a thorough rewrite.

The Hunt's main asset is star Betty Gilpin, star of Netflix's regrettably canceled GLOW. She's ferocious, funny, and totally believable as a deadly badass, and she elevates the character above what the script gives her. Overall, though, the movie's merely meh.

Grade: C+

Back
Top Bottom