• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

2 Best 2 Exotic Marigold Hotel [2015]

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
845feb5f8c8f4416c659196f2e26083d0f99aeb5dba2a5d57aca4371.jpg

GUESS WHO'S BACK

Deadline
reports that Richard Gere is being courted to star in the upcoming The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel sequel, tentatively sub-titled Age of a Smarmy Yet Charming American.

In other news, a The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel sequel is apparently being planned. The surviving characters from Part One are expected to return. Also confirmed to reprise her role as Gere's wife is Julia Roberts. Crossover shared universes! (Okay, not really.)

... As a fan of the original, I approve of all of this.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
what? this really really really doesn't need a sequel. I enjoyed the original, but don't need to see more. Plus Richard Gere is an automatic reject.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What is this? It's not April 1st yet.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No, it's a world in which the original had a $10m budget and a $136m worldwide gross.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
terrible. lazy Hollywood cashing in on a successful film. This isn't that surprising when you take a look at the money side of things, but as far as stories go, this is dumb.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
No, it's a world in which the original had a $10m budget and a $136m worldwide gross.

Gere and Roberts will want more than the $136M gross.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I gave the OP a +1 for the hilarious thread title.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Roberts part was a joke.

I think this could well make for a very decent Redbox rental like the first, but I gotta say that I'd really love it if it pulled cinema's biggest-ever genre shift, and the characters pulled off a crazy heist.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
I gave the OP a +1 for the hilarious thread title.

I thought this was going to be about another fast and furious sequel, no really. Maybe that was Gaith's plan all along. I catch on pretty slow.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ 'Fraid not. ;)

Aw, c'mon, Throw, you wouldn't want to see this gang pull off a heist in Bangkok? Complete with a The Rock as his F&F guy cameo? :p

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Second_Best_poster.jpg

Finally caught up with this one. At first, I was charmed and highly entertained. Then it went on... and on... and on... and good grief, this thing is two whole hours long, and feels like three.

As critics have noted, the story basically operates on sitcom-level plotting and misunderstandings, but just about all those issues get resolved a half-hour before the movie ends, and the jokes dry up even before that. And in that last half-hour, we get... very little. Anyway, Gere is fine, but his character is kind of creepy.

Despite being a box-office success, albeit not as much as the first, the director has said that this is it for the series, mainly due to the age of the cast. Just as well. As for this sequel, it could use some serious fan edit liposuction to remove a good 40 or more minutes. Just hanging out with the awesome cast and beautiful sights is again delightful for a while, but... yeah.

C

(PS. My idea of the gang pulling off a heist and facing off with The Rock's Hobbs is still an awesome one. :p)

Top Bottom