• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

1047 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die (Chronolgical Order)

102. The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nice

"Heroin" maybe one of the greatest songs I have ever heard, an absolutely beautiful track that's a pretty hard listen too. Really enjoyed this one.

^ Total classic. 'Sunday Morning' would be my top pick. If you liked that, Nico's wonderful solo album 'Chelsea Girl' (also on the list) feels more like a sequel than the other main velvets albums.

Lou Reed's famous live album 'Rock 'n' Roll Animal' (which might also be on the list?) has a great 13-minute! version of 'Heroin':

As well as possibly the greatest intro to a live album ever. The guitarist plays a 3-minute overture before Lou comes on and the first song riff kicks in:

^ Total classic. 'Sunday Morning' would be my top pick. If you liked that, Nico's wonderful solo album 'Chelsea Girl' (also on the list) feels more like a sequel than the other main velvets albums.

Lou Reed's famous live album 'Rock 'n' Roll Animal' (which might also be on the list?) has a great 13-minute! version of 'Heroin':

As well as possibly the greatest intro to a live album ever. The guitarist plays a 3-minute overture before Lou comes on and the first song riff kicks in:

Loving all these music recommendations @TM2YC! Keep 'em coming šŸ˜.

Gonna be checking out Nick Drake's "Bryter Layter" soon, which I know you're a fan of.

Last edited:
Gonna be checking out Nick Drake's "Bryter Latyer" soon, which I know you're a fan of.

Not to over hype it but.... it's a contender for my favourite album of all time :LOL: "I never felt magic crazy as this".

541. Run - D.M.C - Run D.M.C

Run-D.M.C..jpg

Pretty dissapointed with this one. Was hoping for a great record but came out with something just alright. Had only really heard the Jason Nevine version of "It's Like That" before listening to this record, and was hoping for stuff like that throughout. However I was soon to realise how integral of a part Nevine played in that version of the track, that isn't really present on the rest of this LP. The first half of this album is far better then the latter. Some fun stuff, but not a hell of a lot to really celebrate.

Overall Rating: 6/10

Back
Top Bottom