• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

007: The Dead Are Alive by Problem Eliminator

TM2YC said:
That gun barrel edit looks sweet. Which film did you take that from?
I grabbed the design from the teaser trailer for The Living Daylights - it wasn't used in the actual film. The blood drip is traced from Binder's original sequence.

TM2YC said:
The Mexico shot looks massively improved but a little on the pink side if I'm being picky. It just needed the very lightest highlights dialed into blue, so the sky and the tent thing aren't pink.
How does the regrade below look? It's more subtle than yours, but I didn't want to tip things over into a cold look.

First version:

Roof_new.png

Second version:

Roof_bluer_copy.png

I love the second version of your last regrade.  It looks visually stunning!!

It looks better. Still not quite blue enough for my taste but as you say...

Problem Eliminator said:
I didn't want to tip things over into a cold look

...go with what you think looks best.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

I've updated the original post with a link to the finished edit on Vimeo (it can be seen below, too). If you want to download a higher quality copy of The Dead Are Alive, just PM me and I can point you in the right direction.

Very nice. I liked the choice of classical music to accompanythe chase in Mexico City.  Well done.

That was great, really loved how you took small plot-relevant scenes from later on in the movie and weeved them altogether around the pre-titles scenario. Made for a very whole story. Congrats on finishing.

Edit finished and released. Thread moved.

Anyone else find it odd that Bond is walking on rooftops holding a gun in plain sight and then "hides" behind a tiny rampart that in no way hides him from the view of a window only a few meters away? Some secret agent.... :p

it's bilbo's ring. after many years, it's distorted bond's thinking.

Canon Editor said:
Very nice. I liked the choice of classical music to accompanythe chase in Mexico City.  Well done.

Zarius said:
That was great, really loved how you took small plot-relevant scenes from later on in the movie and weeved them altogether around the pre-titles scenario. Made for a very whole story. Congrats on finishing.

dangermouse said:
Great little short. Excellent job!

MrBadcrumble said:
A perfect little story. Nice work!

Thanks for your kind words, everyone.

I'am blown away !! Light years ahead of SPECTRE !!  It's an instant 007 classic !!  You have all my admiration for this Magnificent Editing !!  Hope you'll get the recognition you deserve from the milieu...

Very nice, I didn't actually watch the movie for some reason but your short makes me feel like I already did. Very satisfying.

Fantastic little short mate :) great stuff, keep up the great work :)

Al Demer said:
I'am blown away !! Light years ahead of SPECTRE !!  It's an instant 007 classic !!  You have all my admiration for this Magnificent Editing !!  Hope you'll get the recognition you deserve from the milieu...

ricerom said:
Very nice, I didn't actually watch the movie for some reason but your short makes me feel like I already did. Very satisfying.

DMPD said:
Fantastic little short mate :) great stuff, keep up the great work :)

Thanks for watching and sharing your thoughts!

Back
Top Bottom