• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

“Outstanding SD fanedits by AWOL faneditors Meriting an HD rebuild”

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ah. I have it, but haven't watched yet. I thought it was grindhoused.

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
About 2 1/2 years ago I made a post about cutting the overlong dance number from Singin' in the Rain. Not a single reply lol. The dance number was there to showcase Gene Kelly and while it is something to behold, it takes you completely out of the story and the plot as it's just literally a random dance break. I eventually did it, but I never ended up releasing it. I think I still have it on MEGA somewhere.

13 minutes.....they literally stopped everything for a 13 minute dance sequence. I understand that it was a "wow" factor at the time, but 13 minutes?
It's been a very long time since I watched that--or any Gene Kelly musical--but I always had the impression the story was just there to paste together the music & dance numbers for him. 🤷‍♂️

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's been a very long time since I watched that--or any Gene Kelly musical--but I always had the impression the story was just there to paste together the music & dance numbers for him. 🤷‍♂️

I can see why you'd think that, but in this case the big dance number was a late addition to the movie after the success of An American in Paris. It was legitimately tacked on.

Edit: Here's an article that briefly mentions it somewhere in the middle. https://musicoholics.com/backstage-...tories-from-the-set-of-singin-in-the-rain/13/

Top Bottom