• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Star Wars - Episode II: Attack of the Ridiculousness:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now, there are two of them! But that really doesn't do this justice. While in keeping with the style of the first, and its many running gags, this one manages to surpass the original. I found myself bursting into hysterical laughter frequently. The manner in which the Fetts are handled is particularly inspired. I really don't want to go in to further detail and spoil anything. If you liked the first one, you'll love the second. If you didn't this one won't win you over. There's some odd audio mixing in certain spots, but never to the point of anything being (unintentionally) inaudible or at an inappropriate volume. There is, a significant problem with the frame rate on the DVD version, however. It appears to have been rendered as 30 frame per second progressive video. Normally, a primarily 24p feature film sourced edit such as this would have been rendered as a 30 frame per second, 60 field per second interlaced format flagged as 24p. That would have resulted in the standard 3:2 pulldown effect. The way this edit has been rendered results in uneven frame repeats, which is visually jarring. It would also interfere with attempts to IVTC the material for viewing on a 120hz display with 1:1 frame repeats. I suspect any attempts to speed it up for a PAL display would also be problematic. If you have no idea what any of this paragraph means, you'll probably not notice any sort of visual flaws whatsoever. But if you have an overly critical eye for such details such as myself, it's going to probably gnaw at you a little. It isn't unwatchable by any means, but this issue can be corrected quite easily with a re-render. Frame rate issue aside, this is a hilarious edit - probably the funniest I've ever seen. Strongly recommended if you enjoyed the first.

More...

Top Bottom