If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

MARCH 2018 FEOTM - Every month we ask the community to vote on their Favorite Fanedit of the Month. To view the nominees and vote visit this thread.

A few reviews
It’s good to finally find someone who liked it as much as I did.  The film had a heart, and I was on board until the last minute.  Not having read the novel was definitely a plus.  Cheers, bionicbob
I missed Orient Express in theaters, but eagerly await seeing it this Christmas/winter season. Hoping to remain unspoiled on the ending until then, which shouldn't be too hard, I hope. Smile

Speaking of which, anyone heard any news of Vultural? He doesn't seem to have visited since December 20...

Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005)

[Image: wallace-gromit.jpg]

This was my first viewing of Aardman's second claymation feature since its initial release, and I was hoping to find it an underrated masterpiece. Instead, however, I found it charming but unremarkable: it lacks that dash of darkness and genuine peril that makes A Close Shave and The Wrong Trousers so memorable, but does retain the heart largely missing (as I recall) from the overly frenetic A Matter of Loaf and Death. The main problem is neither of the two new human characters are of much interest, and the movie really only has four or five characters total, not counting bystanders. Still, it's pleasant enough, and good clean fun for the proverbial whole family.

B+
TAKE ME HOME TONIGHT (2011)

Filmed in 2007.  Not released by the studio until 2011.  Little to no marketing.  Box office bomb.  Most critics reviews were middling to negative.

And I don't get it?

I loved this movie!  I smiled, chuckled and belly laughed from start to finish.
Good cast.  Solid production values.  Great soundtrack.  And funny.

This is a loving tribute to John Hughes teen movies of the 80s.  Yes, it may be predictable but it is well executed and highly entertaining.  Worth checking out.   Big Grin
"... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.
TRANSFORMERS 5:  THE LAST KNIGHT

Pure crap.
Only slightly better than Age of Extinction, which was unwatchable feces.
Still this took me four sittings to get through it.  Why did I bother?  I guess I just hate myself.   
More of the horrid same.... unfunny juvenile potty humour, very unfunny racial stereotypes, unheroic moronic autobots....

And I keep asking myself why Bay continues to make these?  It can't be just for the money?  He isn't doing anything creatively new, so why?  He must have enough box office cred to have his choice of projects?  His recent 13 HOURS shows he can make better movies.  Not much, but still....   Huh

Anyway, if you haven't watched this abomination yet, don't bother.  Do yourself a favour and go watch the G1 cartoons, or Beast Wars or Transformers Prime or even the latest Machima series.... it is all light years better than this stinking pile of turd. Tongue
WIND RIVER (2017)

Brilliant.  Absolutely BRILLIANT.

This movie works on so many levels.
It is a dark murder investigation.
It is a revenge movie.
It is about grief and loss of a child.
It explores the shameful and horrific crimes against aboriginal women that goes undocumented and uninvestigated by authorities.

A superb movie filled with substance, mystery, solid performances and sadness.
10 out of 10.
Married At First Sight, Season One (2014)  (Hulu)

[Image: th?id=OIP.rARdL8PqXR1F9Q-kBE0pSwHaDt]

So I gave this show a blind try, because, well, look at that title - how could one not? (As it Says on the Tin, A team of relationship experts pair six strangers into three couples, who legally marry at first sight, go on a honeymoon, then live together for a month before deciding to stay married or divorce.) I in no way expected, however, to be as emotionally compelled as I was. I genuinely felt significantly invested in the happier two couples' pairings and future.

It seems as though I went with the one genuinely great season, however. Wikipedia reports that of the 15 couples across five seasons to date, ten of whom chose not to divorce, only three are still married, including both couples who made that decision this go-round. I don't know if the producers just got really lucky in this debut season, or if they did poorer work in subsequent ones, or what. It is indeed possible to argue, however, that for all the weirdness, stress, and TV production complications involved, a 20% success rate, while perhaps not world-changing, is nothing to sneeze at - it's certainly a better average than what I've experienced with normal Internet-based matchups.

Season One, therefore, is highly recommended for softies, romantics, and rom-com fans. As we all know, the whole notion of marrying almost entirely for love and personal compatibility (as a widespread norm, anyhow) is a fairly recent one, and it's hard to imagine arranged marriages remaining such an enduring engine of societal growth across the eras of human history if it didn't have some significant degree of success. Though the season is littered with reality TV's standard habit of constantly recapping and replaying moments, the overall dramatic result is still a potent one. (Believe it or not, this is a reality show that actually deserves a repetition-eliminating fan edit.) On an entertainment/artistic basis alone, I give Season One an A-.