• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Roger Ebert Documentary

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am really looking forward to watching this....

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally watched this today on Netflix. 10 out of 10 for me.

A truly exceptional documentary. Roger Ebert was alway my critic of choice, his reviews and recommendations shaping my interpretation of movies I grew up loving through the 80s and 90s. His knowledge and passion for the medium was intoxicating. And this documentary shed new light on his career and personal life that is both tragic and inspirational.

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought it was OK but not great, maybe a 6 out of 10. This was a documentary about his death more than his life and it completely skipped over his post Siskel career and didn't have any comments from Richard Roeper which was odd. I would have liked some comments from Oprah about their relationship too but again it skipped over that. I think a documentary on just At The Movies would be great, they spent way to little time on the show that made him a star

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Saw this awhile back. It's pretty great.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For such an influential critic, the documentary felt soft, bordering on feel-good.
Like others, I would have preferred more focus on his work rather than his health.

Top Bottom