• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Marvel Origins: Avengers Part 2:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
While some of my observations I made in my previous review are still present, overall part 2 was even better than part 1. I will say this though, the Captain America parts definitely felt tacked (as they did in the first part). I can see why this is because the narrative between the other movies fits together better (and can be parallelized so to speak - i.e. the hero's journey) more so than Captain America. In your edit Captain America (as well as black widow, and our little cameo from Hawekeye) is already an established hero while the rest of the avengers (besides the aforementioned) spend the movie coming into their own. So while it would have been nice to see Cap's transition from zero to hero, he honestly doesn't earn it in the same way as our other heroes do, which again is why I'm generally ok with the scenes being tacked on. In particular I think the scene where they find Captain America in the ice ought to be moved from part 1 into part 2 as it would make the transition between cap being in ice and cap being in new york a lot smoother. I'm pretty happy with most of the editing choices you've made here, and honestly your edit made the climax to Iron Man 2 better (but honestly it just sucked in the first place). I'm still really digging the convergence of the plot-lines to show their similarity and by combining the climaxes of these movies you've managed to create an even more epic narrative.I'll echo what I read in a another review about Captain America, in that when you actually go back to watch the Captain America movie, you realize how little screentime he has, which I think gets reflected in this edit as well. Some of the transitions stood out more to me this time but they were still mostly flawless (maybe I noticed them more because I was wearing headphones?). In particular I was surprised that the scores fit together as well as they did (I'm thinking particularly the Hulk and Thor scores).Besides the cutting of Cap's back story (and most of The First Avenger, I would assume due to the fact your edit is supposed to be taking place simultaneously and 70 years in the past isn't exactly in the same timeline) the only other minor thing I noticed was that we never get to see how Heimdal escapes the ice and brings Thor back to Asgard. I'm not entirely sure how much time this took up in the original, but honestly if I hadn't seen the movie and didn't know how the bifrost worked I wouldn't have cared (that and I just love Idris Elba to pieces, despite how underused he is throughout the Thor movies). On that note, I'm particularly happy you left Michael K. William's cameo in The Incredible Hulk intact (even if it is him just looking surprised).So now of course I'm super pumped for part 3, and your little teasers at the end definitely helped feed that excitement. Although I haven't seen part 3 yet (and I really hope you make another fanedit once phase 2 is done sometime next year) I'm not sure I would recommend seeing this without having seen the original films first (although you can probably skip Hulk unless you check out the Out of Control Cut by QuickCut). I felt Iron Man 2 was summed up enough (except we don't learn why Tony's house is destroyed, but eh whatever) where you could probably skip that too if you haven't seen it. Thor felt well covered too, so I guess honestly I would say that the only one that you should see in its entirety before this is probably Captain America.Regardless, after having seen this I would never rewatch phase 1 any other way. Maybe that opinion will change after part 3, but based on the immense quality and care that has been put into the first two parts of this edit I'm fairly certain that part 3 will definitely not disappoint.P.S. Unrelated to your edit, Marvel just gets the most gorgeous people to start in their movies! Liv Tyler, Gweneth Paltrow (though she's never looked better than as Pepper Potts), ScarJo of course, Natalie Portman is pretty and can act and goddamn Haley (boobs) Atwell just takes my breath away. I don't think Kat (hidden boobs) Dennings gets her due at all but then again her character isn't really supposed to be the sexy lead character (although I think she looks great in glasses).

More...

Back
Top Bottom