• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Marvel Origins: Avengers Part 1:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had been meaning to rewatch the phase 1 movies, and when I saw this I knew I had to see what all the fuss was about. This review is only about part 1 (I'm writing this before I see the other two parts on purpose) and I really enjoyed this edit. It's been a while since I've seen any of these movies, but I really enjoyed the way you put them all together. In particular the scene transitions were basically flawless (especially the audio editing and soundtrack choices) and didn't feel choppy like some other fanedits. I found the editing to be frustrating in a good way haha. I felt the jumping around in the middle of major scenes built suspense rather than diminished it and at certain points in the movie the coalescence of those scenes made the story even more epic.*Spoilers below*The one thing that struck me as "missing" was Iron Man building his first suit, but honestly the abridged dream flashback sequence worked well enough without it. We're also given no introduction to whiplash whatsoever, but in the ilk of Game of Thrones (you learn the character's motivations after you see their actions) juice4z0 ended up including the scene with whiplash and tony that explains it all. Only other bit I noticed was a small continuity error where we see Tony on the plane talking with Roadie and Pepper about going to monaco (that flight was supposed to be going to monaco right?) and then shortly after tony is back in LA boxing or something. The last thing I'll say is that considering that Cuba Gooding Jr's Roadie was in the movie for all of 10 seconds, I think with some clever editing you could have just put Don Cheadle in his place in the opening scene (or maybe I'm underestimating how much work that would be). I also realize it's not really your job to fix continuity errors where Marvel's characters get different actors in each movie (though I'm excited to see how/if you handle the Ed Norton->Mark Ruffalo transition).Besides all I said though, this edit reminded me about all the excitement in phase 1 and made me appreciate even more all the new Marvel stuff that's coming out in the next few months.

More...

Top Bottom