• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Prometheus – Special Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've watched it twice now and can say for sure this is my favourite version! This is what it should have been! I love how you've effectively cured most of the silly scenes and made others better flowing either by making them shorter with slight rearrangements, or with more effective music to suit the scene. Not to mention I loved the Alien music integration! Why Ridley left those scenes out I'll never know...they work so well! They gave more gravitas to Weyland's presence on the ship, the "love" between Charlie and Elizabeth that much more acceptable. David's motives becoming clearer. There were a couple of little gripes (nit picking really) - thought when Fifield says "I'm out of here" then walks off, there was silence which made it feel abrupt. As they were walking away Charlie could have said "pull yourself together" with the addition of an Alien "clunk" (the one you used upon landing). The Alien music just before the text appears when Prometheus is travelling through space near the beginning could have been filtered out less abruptly or even left to play through whole scene. A suggestion (though it may not fit well) would be when Charlie gets incinerated the screen goes bright white...could maybe have Ellie have a flashback to the engineer crumbling at the beginning of the original, fragmented. Reinforcing the theme that progress/evolution does not come without sacrifice. Would have ended the movie just when the "deacon" explodes out of the engineer revealing the back of it's head and used more sinister music when credits roll replacing Chopin. I love your use of colour correction - the look and feel of the movie is now in a more Alien vain. 9.5/10

More...

Top Bottom