• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars: Turn To The Dark Side - Episode 3.1 edit mixes the prequels

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Have you tried writing in the video description something about fair use? Some videos use that to get away with some things

I've managed to get a few TMNT mini-edits up there, and Vimeo of all places are usually the ones that banhammer anything to do with that property.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
Have you tried writing in the video description something about fair use? Some videos use that to get away with some things

I've managed to get a few TMNT mini-edits up there, and Vimeo of all places are usually the ones that banhammer anything to do with that property.
I usually upload it under the 'educational' category and mention the copyright holders in the description. Not that that helps every time. If you get flagged on audio content you're pretty much screwed whatever you do.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just use vimeo and don't bother with it. Anyway, let's get back to topic.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
Is it me, or is Youtube getting pretty lax on some fanedits? I've seen a lot up there lately, not all of them are refined as the ones here, but still a lot

Notably, this edit has some strange color grading (Darth Maul is orange, for instance), and I would guess that it was done intentionally to confuse the software that scans for copyrighted images.

Top Bottom