• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Man Of Steel: Recut:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i will preface this saying that by not watching this edit, you are doing yourself a disservice. this was a joy to watch and i would recommend that anyone watch it.Man of Steel is, i my opinion, something of a flawed masterpiece. all of the pieces for a good film are their, slightly weighed down by overly long fight sequences, and an unbalance between the importance between Jor El and Jonathan Kent, making it seem as though jor el is more important to him, against the entire premise of the film.this edit makes great strides towards these mistakes, flipping the flashbacks, showing the childhood of Clark at the beginning of the film, allowing you to build an emotional connection to the character, making it matter more when he is confronted by his alien roots. this also adds more weight to the krypton sequence, as we can fully appreciate its importance. gives the film more of an emotional impact.however i feel that the flashbacks being put into one long sequence at the beginning leads to large, jarring changes. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad, as it is noticeable, but in a way, does show the strange, disconnected feel that the film portrays of his life.the edits are for the most part done masterfully, and there are very few things i feel could have been improved on. the scene where Jor El explains the history of krypton doesn't have to jump back and forth between Clark and Krypton. it detracts from the sequence, and i think that a voice over during moments without dialogue would have made for a smoother flow. however i am no fan editor and the scene does work. one other minor niggle is that the fight sequences do drag on a bit still.this fan edit was a wonderful re imagining of the story told, and is definitely my preferred version of the movie. thank you Avid4d, for a great edit.

More...

Top Bottom