• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Saban's Power Rangers (2017)

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

No, not that one, an all new one!

http://www.powerrangers.com/featurefilmannouncement.pdf

SANTA MONICA, CA, May 7, 2014 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF), a leading global entertainment company, and Saban Brands, a strategic brand management company that acquires and
builds global consumer brands, are partnering to develop and produce an original live action
feature !lm based on the iconic Power Rangers property, it was announced today by creator
of Power Rangers Haim Saban and Lionsgate Chief Executive Officer Jon Feltheimer.¤ The
announcement marks another step in Lionsgate’s continued commitment to build a broad
portfolio of branded properties and franchises with global appeal.
Saban launched Mighty Morphin Power Rangers as a live action television series more than 20
years ago, and the series has been in continuous production ever since. It has subsequently
grown into one of the world’s most popular and recognizable brands, with toys, apparel,
costumes, video games, DVD’s, comic books and other merchandise.
The two companies noted that, with an extensive and extremely devoted worldwide fan base
as well as a deep and detailed mythology, the Power Rangers are primed for the big
screen.¤¤The new !lm franchise will re-envision the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, a group of
high school kids who are infused with unique and cool super powers but must harness and
use those powers as a team if they have any hope of saving the world

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Have to say that this news is really awesome. Hoping that they don't screw it up.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
One of the things been sitting and thinking bout since the announcement of this news is Who would they get to play Zordon? They could probably use a high profile name for it. And I was thinking bout who I may like to see do it. And came up with two actors that think could play the part. Idris Elba or Liam Neeson.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
steelio2006 said:
One of the things been sitting and thinking bout since the announcement of this news is Who would they get to play Zordon? They could probably use a high profile name for it. And I was thinking bout who I may like to see do it. And came up with two actors that think could play the part. Idris Elba or Liam Neeson.

If you need a wise bald leader, you get Patrick Stewart. Of course, after his brief run as a Red Ranger, they probably won't recast him.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've always thought that if they were to remake Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, they should set it in the sixties. Think about it: we land on the moon, only to find that the planet is terraformed and have an atmosphere? In fact, why not just make that the reason we go to the film, that it turns out that it's actually capable of sustaining life and we have to get to it before the Russians? Plus, who doesn't want to see Lord Zedd land in Russia and uses his staff to turn the Russian flag into his own? I'd see a movie where Lord Zedd conquers Russia, wouldn't you? It would be like X-Men: First Class, but with Power Rangers.

Other than that, I think they should take a page from the original Sentai and make Jason and Tommy brothers, so that while Jason's trying to win his bro back, he's also clashing with the personalities of four very different people in order to accomplish his goal.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A MMPR reboot movie... saints preserve us. Surely a PG-13 Care Bears special effects extravaganza is next... :oops:

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lol Gaith, agreed.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It may turn out to be good. Unless Lionsgate decides to Twilight it up. Really hoping against that.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
NlfRVbL.jpg

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frinky Says Relax. ;)

At least he ought to...

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sorry, I thought you said there was a picture of Rita. This is Poison Ivy.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Holy cow, do those outfits look horrible. Granted, I tend to assume a Power Rangers movie will be among its year's worst by default, Alvin and the Chipmunks-style, but even I think the "classic" outfits have a certain charm to them. Changing the villain's look and sexing her up is all well and good, but to make leather versions of the heroes' outfits that retain the colors and design - how hard is that?!

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't mind the designs, I am a big fan of the live-action Guyver movies despite how hoakey that looks, but I reckon the toys for these are just gonna look gaudy on a shelf.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Brian Cranston has been cast as Zordon!

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
Brian Cranston has been cast as Zordon!
That's awesome. I liked Power Rangers alright growing up, but I wasn't too interested in the movie until reading that.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pro: Ooh, cool, Bryan Cranston!

Con: Zordon is a racist:

:p

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor