• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Doom – The Possessed Re-Cut:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
First off, thanks to someone who reupped this.Never played the game. Disliked the movie (bought from the $2.00 junk pile)Per the editor's intentions:Darker? Yes, the film was darker. Jokes excised, the mood stayed grim throughout.Scarier? Maybe. There was greater tension, though I never cared for a single character so I was never fearful or concerned for them.More sinister? No, I never thought that. Sinister would imply an evil agenda, and the narrative skirted this, rather than pushing it closer to the fore.Audio editing was top shelf. No glitches, nothing weird. Listened through headphones.Video equally fine. Seamless, nothing jarring, no artifacts or sloppy work.The bonus extras I could have done without.The shooter POV is direct homage to the popular game. I am betting there is a chunk of guys who loved that bit, and sighed during the bonus, "Aw man, my favorite bit."And the lame flirt scene between Duke & Samantha? Should never have been included. That was the last thing I saw, and it left a sour taste.The quality of the edit was great, and CBB's work is holding up, eight years out.

More...

Top Bottom