• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

adding your own score to an edited scene guide needed.

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK guys now that I am doing these edits I have even more questions,so here is another,can someone please post a guide on how you add your own music to a scene?
this is either to add music to a scene that does not have any,or are you replacing the existing track,it would be nice to know both.
also here is another example,lets say you are adding an extended scene,the original scene has music in the background(lyric music)and your extended scene has none,how do you do this.

thanks

The method I use for replacing music is to delete all other tracks but the centre channel and add the music, rebuilding the rest of the mix with sound effects from http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/.

To add music just put in another track and uncheck the centre channel option, and drop the song file in where you want it.

the real issue with all of this is if you are lucky enough that the sound mix you are working with has a true isolated speech/vocal track. If it does not (ex music you want to remove appearing on all channels), then you are more or less shit out of luck unless you want to remove the dialog

tranzor said:
the real issue with all of this is if you are lucky enough that the sound mix you are working with has a true isolated speech/vocal track. If it does not (ex music you want to remove appearing on all channels), then you are more or less shit out of luck unless you want to remove the dialog
Tell me about it - with my Matrix edit recently, I found out that a lot of the scenes where there were characters just talking and no background audio/music, the characters' voices were layered over every Track in the 5.1 mix (I assume to give it some background ambience).

Needless to say, the audio edits were quite difficult to pull off in those scenes, so I had to use a lot of layering and trickery to get it to sound right. :?

JasonN, I'm watching it now, I'll be posting a review once I get through this last 40 minutes. But just in advance, I think I'd better tell you I saw several very noticeable hard cuts around the Burly Brawl/Lorry Fight scenes.

Back
Top Bottom