• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: (fe) la vie:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was looking forward to watching this. I like giving experimental films a chance every few years. (so I'm not a fan of those, but have watched my share, just putting that out there) Being an MJ fan (and being able to say I saw him twice in concert) also intrigued me. And reading all these reviews, I was prepared to be blown away.I was not.Maybe the other reviewers aren't exposed to much film of this manner. Maybe there's a coolness factor because this type of mash-up isn't very common. It just didn't do it for me. If there were more subtle points behind the use of imagery and songs, it was lost on me.What really took me out and bothered me and leads to my more leaning-to-the-negative is this:the point where the editor uses MJ from Thriller, the zombie dance sequence. And uses a different piece of music. IMO, the music (any music) should have been in sync with the dancer's moves. MJ was a very accurate dancer, in terms of rhythm. And the editor puts him at odds with the beat of the chosen, different song. But only slightly. It's just off. It's an experience and I'm sharing where the experience subjectively turned me off.

More...

Back
Top Bottom