• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Star Wars: Downfall of The Old Republic:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched the 720p MP4 version of this edit and the quality of this file suggests to me that the Blu-Ray version thats available would probably be on par with the official release, I just didn't have the bandwidth to spare. The visual and audio edits are mostly seamless. The only edits that are obvious are the joining of TPM to AOTC and then to ROTS. Narrative wise I would not suggest this to a first-time viewer. It feels more like a "TV to Movie" edit that cuts out all the filler (filler that is sometimes necessary for character development) and gives the viewer the overall plot in a condensed form. What this edit REALLY exceeds at is highlighting how much of the prequel movies is completely unimportant. There are no Gungans (except for Jar Jar), no Kamino subplot and it really doesn't doesn't affect the overall story arc. It works for the better! I would suggest this edit to someone who wants to rewatch the prequels at a quicker and more serious pace but I probably wouldn't recommend it as someone's first experience of the prequels. I certainly enjoyed it more than the actual films... Haha... Keep up the good work HanShotFirst!! I look forward to your next project!

More...

Top Bottom