• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Star Wars - Episode I: The Phantom Menace (9000 Saga):

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Weird. I started watching HAL9000's series of prequels because I watched L8wrtr's prequels and I liked them, better than Stankpac. I thought I read in one of the reviews that HAL's were better than L8wrtr's. So I thought I'd give them a try. I watched HAL's Ep I last night, expecting an improvement on L8wrtr's. Not so. JarJar Binks and his silliness is in there a lot more than in L8wrtr's. So minus there. I liked that L8wrtr added the Anakin fight scene. HAL added the atrocious deleted scene "Padme gives Anakin a blankie on Tatooine" instead. Bad unfinished visual effect and doesn't add up for the narrative, IMO. While an interesting idea, I think John Williams' original score for the race works better than the editor using the trench run music from Ep IV. Visually the movie looks great (at 20GB it better) and the editing is good. It is better than the theatrical release. But L8wrtr's version and trilogy is better and my go-to version at this point. After looking at the reviews of Ep II and III, I don't think they will hold my interest as much as L8wrtr's did. I'll have to find the fanedit where reviewers praised it over L8wrtr's.

More...

Top Bottom