• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Joss Whedon releases his new movie...on Vimeo

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, folks -- you all know Vimeo, that site we go to post our edits at since YouTube is always blocking one thing or another?

Well, Joss Whedon (The Avengers, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Firefly, among others) has just used Vimeo to release his latest movie, In Your Eyes.

Not a trailer for an upcoming theatrical release. Not special web content. The entire movie.

Of course, there's a $5 rental fee. But my mind is just blown that he released it first in this format. Even releasing it on Netflix or Amazon Instant Video wouldn't have surprised me this much. Nothing against Vimeo; I like it a lot. But to me, that's almost like using Megashare to release a movie. It's just not what I expected.

I haven't seen the movie itself yet, but I'm glad that filmmakers are continuing to explore new avenues for getting their work seen.

Here's an article about it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/21/new-joss-whedon-film_n_5184194.html

Here's a link to the movie itself:

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/inyoureyes

Huh.  I know this is old but it's the first I'd heard of it.  Thanks.

Couple important points though: 
- Joss Whedon didn't direct this.  It's directed from his script.  He helped finance it, but he was hands off, didn't come to set.
-It was actually released on its own website, and it could be streamed on several other platforms.  That Vimeo link is still up tho.
-I guess the whole plan didn't really work out, because it seems to be the last thing that director (Brin Hill) ever did in the industry.

Back
Top Bottom