• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Womble cannot open AC3 file

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
2 days and seven attempts later, I have been unable to open a particular AC3 file in Womble. This disc in particular is the R1 speical edition of Resident Evil: Apocalypse. First thing I noticed today when I open the disc in DVD Decrypter:

W 16:59:07 Possible Structure Protection Found!
W 16:59:07 19 areas have been marked as 'suspect'.

W 16:59:07 Dummy sectors will be inserted where necessary.

Next, I noticed (last night, didn't give it much thought) that I didn't get a window to select the disc's region code when I opened DD. Finally, the disc label only shows up as DVD_VIDEO, instead of (something similar to) RESIDENT_EVIL_APOCALYPSE. The error is pretty general, stating X file cannot be opened, doesn't mention corruption or a protected file. I tried ripping from both versions (pan-and-scan and widescreen) and no dice. Any ideas?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sounds like a bad rip or copy protection.
Try to rip the dvd with anydvd. Demux with pgcdemux.
Remux with imago mpg muxer.
Load this into womble.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Any DVD can just rip audio, right? Video is fine, minus about a minute and a half of blackness at the start (though, the video does look a tad washed out when compared to the sequence in RE1 I need to edit into).

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
when getting the elements for editing,I use ADM's guide,and if Decrypter has a problem,just run AnyDVD in the background like Boon said,works just fine.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
anydvd as ripper can only rip the entire DVD unprotected to your harddrive.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dark jedi said:
when getting the elements for editing,I use ADM's guide,and if Decrypter has a problem,just run AnyDVD in the background like Boon said,works just fine.

Yeah, I've been using ADMs guide since day one. This is literally the first time I've had any problem with anything doing an edit. Worse comes to worst, I'll rent Apocalypse this weekend and try ripping from that.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i remember there being major problems with ripping resident evil, when the dvd came out it was all over the relevant forums.

i know i had a devil of a job doing it, but its so long ago i cant remember what i did, sorry.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's alright. I got it to work with AnyDvd. Hopefully Extinction won't be this much of a problem.

Top Bottom