• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

CYBORG 6 Eve of Destruction

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
8y1w.jpg

EVE OF DESTRUCTION
The Bionic Woman must stop the maniacal supercomputer ALEX 7000 from detonating a secret weapon that will end all life on Earth!

This two part episode is pretty much perfect in its original form. But I wanted to try something new creatively, so I have added the classic protest song Eve of Destruction to three scenes to try to add another/different layer of drama. This idea was directly inspired by one of my favorite tv shows as a teen, The Greatest American Hero "Operation Spoilsport", which incorporated the same song in its doomsday storyline.

BONUS FEATURE: The Six Million Dollar Man must save a Soviet Scientist from an earthquake ravaged secret underground base before it is destroyed by a nuclear bomb! This is the original inspiration for "Doomsday is Tomorrow" and prequel to THE DEATH PROBE!

original film names: The Six Million Dollar Man -- "Doomsday, and Counting"
The Bionic Woman-- "Doomsday is Tomorrow" parts one and two

new film name : CYBORG 6 EVE OF DESTRUCTION
tag line: THE DOOMSDAYS EDITION
film studio name : Universal Studios
edit crew name : Bionic Bob
persons involved: Me :)
Date Original Film Was Released : ABC Televison Network 1977
Date Edit Was Released : April 2014
Original Runtime : 100 minutes
New Runtime : 90 minutes
Cut/Add Time: cut 10-11 minutes

Fanedit Intention:
Recut the two part "Doomsday is Tomorrow" into a 1970s movie adventure.

Editing Details:
--cut all commercial breaks
--cut cliffhanger ending and part two opening sequence
--added title card to opening credits
--added Skylab/Steve cameo
--cut two exposition scenes between Oscar and Jaime
--rebuilt audio/rescored three scenes with variations of the song "Eve of Destruction"

BONUS EPISODE: Recut the season one episode "Doomsday, and Counting" into a 20 minute mini-adventure. Created an episode recap and added classic bionic sound effects. Approximately 30 minutes cut.

Used iMac 10.5, Mac the Ripper, MPEG Streamclip, Final Cut Express, GarageBand, and iDVD

Special thanks to Rogue-theX for creating the dvd cover template
:)

DVD COVER ART:

qwix.jpg

password: fanedit.org

Looks awesome. I'm going to have to pick up a copy of bionic man now.

Ken Poirier said:
Looks awesome. I'm going to have to pick up a copy of bionic man now.

No DVD collection is complete without THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN and THE BIONIC WOMAN --
the greatest television adventure series EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I used to love the TV show back in the day.
Will grab this when I have the time.
Looks like a good watch. Thank you for taking the time to do this edit...

bionicbob said:
No DVD collection is complete without THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN and THE BIONIC WOMAN --
the greatest television adventure series EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

You know as well as I that only "Buffy" is the greatest television show ever!!!!!:)

I see someone has uploaded the bonus features from the Bionic Woman season dvds, though the aspect ratio appears to be messed up.... but I thought I would post them for you to enjoy....

For those of you not educated on the world of Steve and Jaime, here is a Crash Course.... lol

Very exciting news for this old fart!!!

As I have written here and in other threads, Dynamite Comics SEASON SIX comic of the SMDM is wonderfully brilliant.

Today, comes news they are going to do the same for BW, and produce a SEASON FOUR comic! :whoo:

9xz7.jpg

This might work as my cover art for CYBORG 8!!! :D

Wow!  A blast from the past!!!   I never expected a review for this edit.  Thanks @"gilhodges" !!!   :D

bionicbob said:
Wow!  A blast from the past!!!   I never expected a review for this edit.  Thanks @"gilhodges" !!!   :D

LOL Going through some old files and downloading what is still online. Most likely gonna PM you about some other edits. Thanks for your work and effort

A shout out of THANKS to @drvrjon for posting a review.

Eve of Destruction was inspired by an episode of THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO entitled "Operation: Spoilsport", as I love the gravitas Barry McGuire's classic protest song brings to the story.

Hopefully, Universal will one day soon release both The Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman on Blu Ray (it has been released in Europe) for North America, and I can go back and rebuild my beloved CYBORG edits to make them faster, stronger... better than they were before!!! 😄

Back
Top Bottom