• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Witches, the Roald Dahl cut

dr.sapirstein

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

THE WITCHES : The Roald Dahl Cut [720p]

[FONT=&amp]Directed by Nicolas Roeg, starring Anjelica Huston, Mai Zetterling, Jasen Fisher. [/FONT]

"The Witches : The Roald Dahl Cut" aims to bring the film closer to the wonderful book it was based on. The dreadful happy ending, which Roald Dahl hated, has been completely removed, making the new and reworked ending absolutely identical to that of the book. The more "vulgar" bits (to quote Roald Dahl himself) have also been cut, so has the idiotic subplot of the bad-witch-turned-good. Other scenes have been re-ordered and recut. Presented in a remastered HD version and with a new DTS 5.1 audio mix, this new cut should please everyone who's ever enjoyed Roald Dahl's unique style, by making what is arguably the best film based on his work an even more faithful adaptation.

[FONT=&amp]Bonus : A long lost 1979 video interview with Roald Dahl (included in the torrent). [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Video : h264 | 720p | 1280x720 | 1.75:1 original A.R. | 25fps | 10.000 kb/s.
Audio 1 : [/FONT][FONT=&amp]English | new 5.1 DTS mix | lossless 1.536 mb/s.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Audio 2 : English | original stereo | AC3 2.0 | 448 kb/s.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Audio 3 : French dub | [/FONT][FONT=&amp]original stereo | AC3 2.0 | 448 kb/s.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
Runtime : 01:24:56[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Format : MKV
Size : 7.5 Gb[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Release date : April 4th, 2014 [/FONT]

Y'know what? I had planned this same exact edit! So thanks for doing it and saving me some work! Will look forward to it. :)

Loved 'The Witches' as a kid, scared the life out of me. I re-watched it recently and was surprised to see it was directed by famous Director [FONT=&amp]Nicolas Roeg[/FONT]. Interesting to see a new cut of this classic.

Wow, a lot of Dr. Sapirstein releases recently, like one a day alsmost :-D (Long may that continue).

Sounds great! Will definitely be checking this out. The book and the movie scared the bejesus out of me as a kid :-o:oops:. I still remember the terror of imagining being stuck in that ballroom and realizing you are in the nest of the enemy and you can't escape... Ahhhhhh!

Awesome! Been a long time since I've watched this flick or read the book. Really great fanedit idea, look forward to checking it out.

dr.sapirstein said:
The dreadful happy ending...

I know that Roald Dahl hated the films ending, but the way this is worded makes me laugh.

It's weird I read a lot of Roald's books as a kid but I never noticed changes like that ending or the goose in Charlie & the chcolate factory.

joro313 said:
Please where can i get the torrent for this?
Thank you

Dr. Sapirstein's blog tells you where. Google search "dr sapirstein blog".

Neglify said:
Dr. Sapirstein's blog tells you where. Google search "dr sapirstein blog".

Actually the url to his blog is included in the fist post of this thread

JJE-187 said:
Actually the url to his blog is included in the fist post of this thread

Couldn't be much easier, could it? :)

The version I was able to obtain via TPB from DOCSAP has 5 channel DTS-sound not 5.1

Back
Top Bottom