• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Halloween 2K7 - Scary As Hell Edition

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tagline: Silently his horror creeps
original film name: Halloween (2007) by Rob Zombie
new film name : Halloween 2K7 - Scary As Hell Edition
film studio name : Dimension
edit crew name : 3Raz0r
Date Original Film Was Released : 08 2007
Date Edit Was Released : 01 2008
Original Runtime : 121 minutes
New Runtime : 113
Amount of time Cut/Added : about 20 minutes cut / 12 minutes added

Cuts removed/added/extended :

* - deleted or altered all scenes in which Michael was speaking
* - deleted sexual references made by Judith and Laurie
* - deleted most of Ismael Cruz (Danny Trejo) talking to Michael
* - deleted all but one of Deborah Myer's visits at Smith's Grove
* - deleted almost every live session of Loomis and Michael
* - deleted over the top parts of the raping scene (aka Noel Kluggs' tongue twister)
* - deleted Morgan Walker's stupid question about Michael's whereabouts
* - deleted Loomis appearing at the cemetery
* - deleted Michael pressing Loomis' eyes inside (he has no blood and is alive later on)
* - added Michael leaving the hospital
* - added Michael on the graveyard
* - added alternate Loomis' arriving at the cemetery
* - added my own credits

Fanedit details (please add here details about DVD contents as well as video and audio information):

When I watched RZ's Halloween I was not hapy with quite a lot of decisions he made, because they rather took away than added to the thrill. Of course his version comes with way more blood and gore than the originals, but we all know that horror is not just the gruesome kills.
What annoyed me most was Michael speaking. It seemded that the intention of RZ was to create a profile of Michael Myers, show the path he went to become a monster. The idea is nice, however, it does not fit to him. Michael Myers is the boogeyman, he is not just a human psychopath. Bullets can't kill him so easily, hits can't hurt him, he has incredible power without ever having trained. It is part of RZ's movie to present Michael as supernatural, but taking that route also means to NOT show his development as a boy who was raised in the wrong family. No one becomes Michael Myers.
So, in my version he does not speak at all, not a single word ever. And his silence always was scary. This alteration lead to lots and lots and even more cuts to make this possible without destroying the plot.
Next thing I did not like was Michael's mother. Although well acted, she is to nice for what she does and how she lives. A lot of her dialogue was deleted to make her more of the unsatisfied-wth-her-entire-life stripper mum that she is.
Loomis as a child psychologist did not make to much of an impression on me, especially not in the first half, because his documentary movies don't fit to what he does or says to Michael. I reduced this part to him really thinking that Michael is a psychopath. You will see that his acting is way more believable than in the original.´, especially inhis "these eyes" speech, which felt out of place, because the boy he was talkinn about was kind of sweet to him (aside from his previous killings that is).
I also reduced some of the sex talk of the teenagers, one scene with Michael's sister and one with Lory. Call me prude, but it felt totally over the top.
There were a lot of other tweaks and cuts, for audio and video. Finally I really like my result, which runs 113 minutes.

Your intention for this fanedit:
I want RZ's Halloween to be more in the spirit of the classics and make it much scarier by removing, what did not work or was over the top. A smarter, more to the point, very sinister edit.

Your way to achieve your intention:
Slicing, cutting, removing, moving, splitting, cursing, taking millions of breaks, crying, swearing, stabbing, re-creating, recreating recreations, staying calm, trying to stay calm, focusing, concentrating, smoking, drinking, sleeping, re-arranging, searching for sound files, giving up, getting on it again, finishing.

Hardware and software information (what did you use to create your fanedit):
My nice computer. His name is Dofudome (don't f***ing die on me).
Womble. Goldwave. Besweet. DVD LAB PRO. Pro Show Gold.

DVD details:

* Very nice menus with very nice audio, some are animated.
* NTSC 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen
* 5.1 ac-3 audio
* very nice cover art on ROM part.

Additional Comment:
Never give up. never surrender.
Who am I?
I am 3Raz0r, I like horror movies and I dig fanedits.

Time needed for the edition: 4 weeks
persons involved: my beautiful self

Additional information links:
imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373883/

halloween2k7_scary_as_hell_3D2.jpg

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

way cool. I will watch this.

this sounds really good. I am going to take a look at this one

Did you replace the rape scene? I swear, that was the most retarded movie moment I have ever seen. Even worse than the 'pancakes' scene in Cabin Fever.

nice one DJ :) cant abide those ipod versions!

to my knowledge Divx is old school,Xvid is the new Divx,I hate Divx files,I have never ever had a problem with Xvid files,and I love it when uploaders use ac3 audio in the Xvid files.

plus have you not noticed Xvid is just Divx backwards :smile:

also have you noticed that almost 99.9% of ALL Scene releases at almost all of the torrent sites are Xvid,there must be a reason for this don't you think.

thanks for the release! look forward to watching this (and dark_jedi's extended edition - should be a good comparison there!)

what program did you use to make the Xvid ?
also when will you up the DVD version?

alot of questions for you LOL

i hear autogk is a good program for windows (i'm on linux and use the old CLI + ffmpeg + dvdrip + avidemux)

for some reason, i couldnt get autogk to function. kept getting errors. However, I have been using the full gordian knot recently, and its pretty nice. Its not as complicated as people make it out to be

AutoGK is an ok program, especially if you're just making an xvid avi copy of a movie - for fanedits, though, I use the full version of Gordian Knot.

This sounds interesting. I wasn't too bothered by the kid talking and then not talking, I just thought the young actor they used didn't pull it off well. I will check this out for sure though :) .

Sounds really sweet! I love the original and was very upset with how much RZ's version strayed from it. I'm happy you removed the over-the-top sex jokes and such as that REALLY ruined it for me...like why do they dry hump eachother?? Rob's a perv.

Anyway, I'm VERY excited to see your take on it and will post a review once watched!:) How did you "re-do" the credits? More the like the original I hope?

-RHR

When it comes to Zombie's work, the only film I was mildly interested in was Devil's Rejects, but I thought he really dropped the ball when it came to the Halloween remake - like others have said, a "Michael Myers" character isn't created from a broken home: he just 'exists'.

I'm about halfway through the Edit, but so far, I'm really liking the changes and edits that you made to it - much more suspenseful and disturbing than either the theatrical or director's cuts.

just got this as well.

i'll have to get some horror fan's over for a marathon viewing session

thanks for the upload, 3Raz0r.

Back
Top Bottom