• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Rorschach: The End Is Nigh by mikedrew87

mikedrew87

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished up the cutting of Watchmen Director's Cut. Got it cut to 76 minutes. I wanted to take this movie and make it a Rorschach movie. His role better fit the plot then the others. So I decided to make a cut with mainly him, plus he's the coolest character. He still interacts with the others and teams up with Night Owl II towards the end to stop Zeidt. All I really need to finish up is polishing the editing up a little. I'll head into that tomorrow and hopefully have it done pretty soon. I'll be adding a new movie title and a few opening credits and new end credit music. I'll keep you posted as I'm finishing up.

Friendly advice. Take your time, make sure your cuts are smooth and audio crossfades are done well. This isn't a race.

Thanks for the advice. I actually started this before Tales From Hell but I wanted to do the horror remakes first cause I was excited about it. Just wanted to finish it up and move on to a bigger project of been wanting to do. Which will probably take me forever. I'll definitely smooth out all the editing and take my time on it so it's done properly.

Almost done with this edit. Switched the name to Rorschach: The End Is Nigh. Cut a few extra scenes and rearranged a few more to make it flow better. Still will be around 76 minutes, could add on a few more or take off some as I continue to edit.

I always thought a Watchmen edit in the old VHS style would be cool, make it look like a late 70s/early 80s crime movie. The idea behind your edit seems like a cool idea

That would actually be kind of cool and kinda add the old comic style credits like "POW!" and "BANG". I will take that into consideration and maybe i'll try it and see how it looks. Thanks..

Just got the editing and effects done to my Rorschach edit of watchmen. Took the watchmen director's cut and trimmed as much as possible to make it a Rorschach movie. Adding some comic book touches to it. Here's the list of changes and additions:
Cut entire opening with Comedian
Cut all opening credits
Added new movie title
Cut most of night owl and night owl II conversation
Cut pretty much all flashbacks with The Comedian
Added a few comic book text
Cut most of Veidt until end of movie
Cut Night Owl and Silk Specter fight scenes
Cut ending out
Added new end credit music
Added a comic feel to the movie
And a lot of minor cuts almost too much to list.

Original runtime: 186 minutes
Fanedit runtime: 76 minutes

mikedrew87 said:
That would actually be kind of cool and kinda add the old comic style credits like "POW!" and "BANG". I will take that into consideration and maybe i'll try it and see how it looks. Thanks..

I was thinking more along the lines of something like Death Wish or those 80 revenge/vigilante films :)

Back
Top Bottom