• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Q2's Northwest Passage gets a public screening

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, that's pretty awesome! [MENTION=8530]Q2[/MENTION] they're gonna have a public exhibition for your fanedit! Did you know about this? March 29th in both​ LA and NY!

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congrats Q2! Most excellent news :)

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I knew there was a possibility, but only for NY. Having the edit shown in LA is pretty cool, too. The person setting up the event contacted me a few weeks ago asking for permission which I gave. Happy to hear it's official now.

Flix Capacitor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Exciting news -- Congrats, Q2! It's great to see more fanedits getting a public presence.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aweshum, Q2. May your edit rock their minds.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is an email I got regarding the screening of Northwest Passage this past weekend.

Hey man, just to let you know the screening went GREAT!

While a masterful edit from start to finish, I was not sure how people would respond to the ending... but the whole theater - about 160 people by the end of the 5-hour edit - applauded!

There was a lot of discussion afterwards, both in NYC and in LA. Some comments:

• "I cannot imagine the time and effort it took to edit this. Wow."
  • "It was good! We had a long discussion about the screening after. It was so interesting to see what was included and what wasn't."
  • "It was wonderful! Not only did we see a masterful edit of the show but we were treated to some art beforehand. It was a damn good time."
  • "All of Twin Peaks reduced to 5 hours and screened for the #25YearsLater my only critique is not enough Nadine."
  • "That ending was not at all what I expected. Up to that point I was very happy with the super cut."
  • "Thanks for putting this together. It was a blast to speed watch the series. Kudos to the fan editor. Very smart cuts."
  • "Thank you for inviting us to play a really fabulous event! I LOVED the new cut! Damn good."

Flix Capacitor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations again, Q2! I wish I could have been at one of those events. Thanks for sharing this follow up message.

wayne.workman2012

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is really neat, congrats on the showing Q2. Hope to see more like this type of stuff in the future from other fan editors as well.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aweshum, man. Wish I could have been there.

HanShotFirst

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I guess this is all legal if you don't charge for it, and make sure everyone entering owns the source materials, huh?

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
HanShotFirst said:
I guess this is all legal if you don't charge for it, and make sure everyone entering owns the source materials, huh?

I would say that it's a pretty safe assumption that the people attending were Twin Peaks fans and most likely owned the series in one form or another. Besides, it was a screening, and they weren't distributing it. I'm sure they had their bases covered. :)

And congrats Q2! This is beyond exciting. :D

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A bit late, but congrats, Q2! I follow Paley on YouTube and know they're a quality bunch. Quite an honor!

Thingamajiik

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Holy Canolli!:shock: That is Awesome!
tumblr_n5a55a0yTE1rwb9kmo1_r1_250.gif

The new Twin Peaks Series is coming soon!

Top Bottom