• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Killer Bride: Japanese cut

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
brideb.jpg

Original film name Kill Bill: VOL. 1, & VOL. 2

Film studio name Miramax
Film release date October 2003 / April 2004
Original runtime 111 minutes / 137 minutes
New runtime 108 minutes
Amount of time cut/added 100 minutes cut

EDIT DETAILS:
this version of kill bill combines the two volumes and removes the characters of Budd, Elle and Vernita. the focus of the edit is the Japanese segment placing O - Ren Ishii behind the attempted murder of the bride. This is my third edit of the Quentin Tarantino saga, and with each edit i hope to have made fresh interpretation to the original films

the edit hopefully implies that the events that unfold are nothing more than a coma induced dream. certain events that really happened have been converted into Black and White. the more fantasy elements like taking down the crazy 88 alone could now been interpreted as events that never actually took place.

key cuts
- O-ren backstory
- Gogo bar scene
-the story regarding the fish
- bill saying goodbye to the bride before seeing Pai Mei
-the speech about superman
-the truth serum dart

What?! You have cut the speech about Superman?!

Please, someone call nine, one, one.

well i've gotta cut something :)

leeroy said:
well i've gotta cut something :)

Of course, it's your edit, and if that speech didn't fit into the vision of the story you want to tell, then it had to go.

I was just shocked, because it's my absolute favorite line of any Tarantino-movie.:)

Back
Top Bottom