• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Chainsaw Devil

TM Productions

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ChainsawDevilposter_zps44cfafa8.jpg

[video=youtube_share;6ZXW_OfbtW8]

CHAINSAW DEVIL

Fanedit Film Name: Chainsaw Devil
Faneditor Name: TM Productions (TM HOME VIDEO)
Original Film Name: Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
Studio Name: New Line Cinema
Original Running Time: 84min
Original Release Date: 6 October 2006
Fanedit Running Time: 73min
Fanedit Release Date: March 2014
Amount of time cut: 11min (4min added)

Intention:
To turn the Texas Chainsaw remake franchise into an old 70s/80s slasher on vhs, beginning with "The Beginning".

Edit Details:
This edit turns TCM: The Beginning into an old, beat up vhs tape from the 80s. It has been re-scored with the original TCM music (which is really trippy after listening to it for a long time lol). The entire backstory with Leatherface's mother has been removed. The Sheriff being murdered has also been cut, in this movie R. Lee Ermey is a real police officer. I've also cut out most of Sheriff Hoyt's comical lines (I'm saving those for the sequel).

Technical Info: Virtual Dub, DvdFab, DGIndex, AviSynth, HCEnc, Audacity, Sony Vegas Pro 10, Dvd Architect (NOTE: There are NO dvd menus since it is supposed to be like a vhs tape) The audio is Stereo.

PS:
There's a trailer at the beginning for a little giallo edit that's also in the works. This edit won't be released in a VHS style, it just looks that way from the trailer :p

Also, the Dream Maniac trailer at the beginning looks really destroyed because I didn't have a clean trailer for it, only the one with VHS effects already on it, then the VHS effects were put over it again for this edit.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice trailer TM!

ETA: the artwork is also pretty decent!

TM Productions

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit has been finished and submitted. Could someone move the thread for me? :)

--Done

S

steFANedit

Awesome! Burned it to disc and check if it worked, fastforwarded thorugh the opening trailers and saw a few seconds of "Thomas-quits-his-job"
Looks really good. I will watch this tomorrow evening/night. A review will come.

S

steFANedit

Just want to say that I'm a big fan of the Chainsaw movies even though some of them are really bad (I think tcm3 is the worst one, but 3d comes close even though I found that movie strangely enjoyable considering that I loathed it...really strange actually...) And also I think part 4 is one of the best Chainsaw movies and I can't understand why most people hate it so much..

- One more thing before I jump into the review; a colleague of mine at work (I'm a taxi driver) was giving a guy a ride home that, as it turned out, was broke and couldn't pay up, so the guy went inside his house and came out with a chainsaw and payed the fare with that (I think it was about 250SEK = 35dollars) and it turned out that the chainsaw was stolen so we had to give it over to the police (maybe they now are using it during interrogation...)

--------------------------------------------------

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT FOR?!"

"...BALANCE..."

Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Beginning is strange movie. It has the plot of an exploitation B movie but shot and edited like an action movie (thank you Michael Bay...) and this comes across even more with this fanedit, it feels like a wannabe-filmmaker got a few millions dollars a made a film, this film...and it can be really trippi sometimes with the low res 4:3 image and the movie itself jumping all over the place (especially now when the faneditor cut out some of the backstory regarding the family, this is a good thing though)
It really feels like your watching a badly copied VHS tape past around by people during the VHS-era that use to watch autopsy videos, like really sick underground shit like that!

The fanedit starts with two trailer and the name of the faneditor, then it just jumps right into the action and it just heightens the exploitation feel imo, and the introduction of the title is perfect (and so is the title itself!)

Love the new ending!

But...
The editor should have panned&scanned some. With the new 4:3 aspect ratio everything is centered so sometimes some things move outside of frame too much. Like after Leatherface quits his job and takes a chainsaw as final paycheck, when he walks home half of him is out of frame. Things like that would have benefited from the framing being changed.

The score (Pam in the "bone-room" with the chicken from tcm1) felt misplaced sometimes and the sound of the chicken was weird, but maybe that was the intention. Also the score was too loud so it was difficult to hear what people were saying sometimes. But again, maybe this was the intention.

I would have liked to seen more changes made, maybe include things from the remake..I don't know.
Maybe this is an impossible task regarding the source (I was thinking while watching that "I would have liked to seen that removed" or "that should have been cool if it played differently" etc. but I couldn't think of a way to change those things and make it work..so again; maybe it's impossible) I do would have liked to have not seen the amputation scene though, not because it is too gory but because the movie becomes almost like a cartoon at that moment. Some "amputations" are necessary...

Verdict: If you are into vhs and love nastie movies this might just be for you...especially if you saw all those exploitation movies in the 80s on vhs past to you by some guy who had made a copy of a copy of a-

TM Productions

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the review steFANedit! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I will definitely have to start doing the pan and scan since you're the second person to tell me that now. And the weird chicken noises were intentional to give it a really trippy feel. I plan on doing a sequel to this edit using the 2003 remake sometime in the future since I'm also a huge fan of the TCM franchise. The sequel is going to look more like a late 80s VHS tape with a better (and cheesier) score and better VHS quality unlike this which, like you said, looks like an underground bootlegged copy watched and rewound one too many times lol. Thanks again for the support :)

Top Bottom