• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Halloween: Origin of Evil

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK everyone,
I have completed my first Fanedit,so this will be my firstling,and yes it is of Halloween,I have chopped a little out and used some not all of the deleted scenes,I really did not want to make the first half much longer,so I used more of the latter deleted scenes.

It is 16:9 anamorphic video at 2.35:1
Dolby Digital 5.1
Motion Main and Scenes Menu(only Main with sound)
included are the Teaser & Theatrical Trailers along with ComiCon 2007 Halloween Panel.
and a bonus in the DVD_ROM folder.

I will go into more specific details when I write them up,so stay tuned right here.

Now here is my problem,actually it is not for me,but maybe you guys who might want to download it and go over it and let me know what I can do to make this or any future edits better.

but this Edit is a whopping 7.4 GB's big,I did not compress nothing,so let me know if this will be a problem or not.

DJ

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations on finishing, DJ.
Dual Layer DVDs are not a problem, except for the fact that people will shrink them with rather bad tools (aka DVD shrink) and receive a version unworthy of what you did.
You can, if you want to, create a SL yourself with DVD Rebuilder, so the "shrinkers" will get a high quality version still.
This was done for several other fanedits int eh past, e.G "Superman Returns" by ADM and "The Matrix Squared" by Spence.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I also did this with my Flash of Spoofs. I was really hesitant to have a shitty shrink copy floating around, because i knew people would shrink it themselves, so I make a SL copy using DVD-Rebuilder and CCE.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, I decided to do it for Hot Fuzz on the advice of Throw and Boon, and it looks as good as the DL DVD!

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Halloween: Origin of Evil

By Dark Jedi
What is it about? After being committed for 17 years, Michael Myers, now a grown man and still very dangerous, escapes from the mental institution

(where he was committed as a 10 year old) and he immediately returns to Haddonfield, where he wants to find his baby sister, Laurie. Anyone who crosses

his path is in mortal danger.

How to get it? via RAPIDSHARE (check bottom of this post for other download links).

original film name: Halloween: Unrated Director's Cut
new film name: Halloween: Origin of Evil
film studio name: Dimension Films
Date Original Film Was Released: 31 Aug. 2007
Date Edit Was Released: Jan. 2008
Original Runtime : 121 min
New Runtime : 131 min
Amount of time Cut/Added : 10 minutes

Cuts removed/added/extended :

* Added Deborah Myers getting harrased by the reporter.
* Added Michaels Hearing to get transfered to Minimum security.
* Added Dr. Loomis signing autographs and young girl flirting with him.
* Added Michael leaving Smith's Grove Sanitarium after the "rape escape".
* Added Michael getting the Gravestone.
* Added Dr. Loomis meeting up with Sheriff Bracket in the graveyard and both of them discovering that the stone missing is Judith Myers,this seemed

more realistic.

Removed:
* Dr. Loomis going to the Graveyard to check on Judith Myers Gravestone,How would he have known it was missing and that Michael would have taken it?
Also moved some scenes around a little,put in a different order.

DVD details:

NTSC 2.35:1 Widescreen
5.1 AC-3 Audio (English)
Motion menu with audio
Theatrical & Teaser Trailers
ComiCon 2007 Halloween Panel(Panel includes,Rob Zombie,Sherri Moon Zombie,Tyler Mane, and Scout Taylor-Compton)

Your intention for this fanedit:

To make it a little more realistic,and to add some more character to Dr. Loomis,plus I just like it this way.

Additional Comment:

Personally I like ALL the Halloween movies,I am just a HUGE fan,but this version I did I like the most,some scenes just were not needed,like most of the

first half,the begining story was long enough in my opinion,except for the reporter harrasing Deborah Myers,I felt this scene was needed.

Time needed for the edition: 2 weeks

persons involved: Dark Jedi

RAPIDSHARE

there are a few more left,they are finishing up now.

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just to let you guys know,I am extremely nervous on this,I hope it is OK,this is my first menu like this,and also my very first EVER fanedit,so please guys help me out to make these better,it was very fun doing,although very time consuming(i guess that will get better the more I do) so go ahead guys and when it is fully upped,start the criticizing.

a big thanks to ADM and Boon for all there help.

DJ

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
and here is my review for this fanedit:
Halloween - Origin Of Evil by Dark Jedi

The edit:
A very good firstling. Dark Jedi had a good feeling for what was worth being added and what to be taken away. The moved scenes fit perfectly where they are now. Now is Halloween2007 no masterpiece IMO, but it is a pretty good horror movie and I was positively surprised with what Rob Zombie could come up after his previous movies, which were most of all over-the-top violent. There was one hard cut in the video, when a transition (trick or treat) was removed, which leads to a huge jump plotwise. Besides that there are no hard cuts (videowise), no huge flaws to the image or the plot which I did notice. At least one of the deleted scenes shows by different coloring (the cemetery scene). There are a few audio cuts that are noticeable, but they don't distract from enjoying the movie, which comes in true 5.1 audio and VERY good image quality. With the new scenes added I prefer this version to the original one. Michael almost being transferred and the new cemetery scene as well as the conclusion to Loomis meeting Bracket work really well. I recommend watching this one.
editing: 4 of 5,
entertainment: 4 of 5

Image quality:
The image quality is perfect (IMO).
video quality: 5 of 5

Audio quality:
The audio is quality is overall perfect for being true 5.1, but there are no audio transitions, where scenes were included, which leads to some noticeable hard audio cuts. The flaws are not to distracting though and don't really spoil the fun.
audio: 4 of 5

The DVD:
The DVD comes with nice animated menus, main menu is with sound. The included comic con extra is also really a nice addition. This is a beautiful DVD.
DVD: 5 of 5

resulting in a 4 of 5 overall rating from me. This is a very good fitstling and an improvement over the original. I can only recommend anyone who likes Halloween to give this a watch. This is hereby approved to FANEDIT.ORG.
18596830yi7.png

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
and here is my cover art for this fanedit:
3D_djs_halloween_OOE_by_boon23.jpg

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks,cant wait to watch this!!!!

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks Boon,
I really like that artwork,I like the polaroid shots on the back,pretty damn neat.
now I need to learn from this and attemp making some more,I have a few titles lined up already,but when my partner is less busy I want to use some of his ideas and titles too.
after all that is what a partnership is right?

Thanks again Boon and ADM for all the help and guidance,and please be ready for even more questions,because trust me,I still have some.

DJ

ps. I am curious about 1 thing though,is this really just considered an "extended edition" I did cut a scene,and moved some around,I am still learning what is what.

Top Bottom