• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars - Episode Three: Fall Of The Jedi

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points

original film name: Revenge of the Sith
Date Original Film Was Released: 2005
Date Edit Was Released: 2007
Original Runtime: 140 minutes
New Runtime: 135 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added: 5 minutes
Cuts removed/added/extended:

Cuts removed:
OBI-WAN, ANAKIN & COUNT DOOKU DUEL (RE-WORKED SLIGHTY)
BALCONY SCENE
PADME?S APARTMENT SCENE
COUNCIL MEETING (RE-WORKED SLIGHTY)
MACE & ANAKIN PLATFORM TALK (RE-WORKED SLIGHTY)
KILLING OF THE JEDI (RE-WORKED SLIGHTY)
OBI-WAN ANAKIN DUEL (RE-WORKED SLIGHTY TOWARDS THE END)
YODA OBSERVATION DOME
PADME LABOUR SCENE (RE-WORKED SLIGHTY)
DARTH VADER BIRTH (RE-WORKED SLIGHTY)

Cuts added: Jedi Assassination

Cuts extended: None

New Edits In This Version:
DROID'S & JAR JAR'S VOICES REPLACED (with french & spanish)
BUZZ DROIDS REFERENCES REMOVED
SHAAK TI ASSASSINATION ADDED & RE-WORKED
ANAKIN'S PROMOTION RE-WORKED SLIGHTLY
ANAKIN & PADME BEDROOM TALK RE-WORKED SLIGHTLY
PALPATINE'S REVELATION RE-WORKED SLIGHTLY
PALPATINE Vs MACE RE-WORKED SLIGHTLY
PALPATINE & DARTH VADER RE-WORKED SLIGHTLY
ANAKIN & PADME LAVA SCENE RE-WORKED SLIGHTLY
ANAKIN & OBI-WAN PRE DUEL TALK RE-WORKED SLIGHTLY
YODA & OBI WAN "QUI-GON TALK" CUT

Fanedit Details
2.35:1 NTSC Anamorphic
English/French/Spanish Audio (I think ) Stereo
English Subtitles

Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original edit:
Improve opening Crawl Kindly created for me by TAOLAR , transition wipes, widescreen error, sound & tighten up original edit

Time needed for the edition
planning: 1 days
editing: 2 days
sound editing: 1 days
trailer: none
DVD layout and features: Menu with Subtitle option
persons involved: Father Merrin

UPDATE:

My PC is well and truly trashed. I need to fix this before I can send AvP the copies.

Sorry

If anyone knows how to fix this issue please let me know:

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

enter you bios,
try to change your hard drive read option from auto to one of the two possibilities. If it isn't working, try the other.

there are probably a lot of different ways to do this - but if you can't actually "FIX" the issue, you could try putting your hard drive into another comp and at least have access to the data (by an internal install or a usb external chassis or a usb>ide converter.)

i do this at work often when M$ molests the boot drive.

If you can, you could try to download a live CD Linux distro (e.g. Ubuntu, Knoppix), connect up an external USB drive and copy your files across. Then format the old hard drive and start anew.

Sorry I haven't been around recently my PC went from bad to worse & I had no access to another PC until now.

Thanks v.much for all your tips, I tried all of the above & more, I even went to my friends house & tried to access the hard drive using his PC as the master but it didn't work. Basically I had to reformat the drive & I ended up losing everything.

I'm in the process of getting my PC fixed, so EP III won't be done until January. I'm really sorry about this.

Next time I return to the forum EP III will be complete.

Anyway, I wish you all a very merry christmas & a happy new year.

FatherMerrin said:
Thanks v.much for all your tips, I tried all of the above & more, I even went to my friends house & tried to access the hard drive using his PC as the master but it didn't work. Basically I had to reformat the drive & I ended up losing everything.

Ouch!! if it was possible to reformat the drive then it would of been possible to recover nearly all your data. there a very useful piece of software called 'FinalData' which access's your HDD directly and will read the raw sectors from the drive and recover any data it can find.

it saved my arse about five years ago when my backup drive failed and there was about 4 years worth of personal data on it. ran it through finaldata and recovered just about everything.

sorry to be telling you this after the dreaded reformat :(

IT IS DONE 8)

First of all I'd like to apologise for the delay. I know people on this forum aren't too keen on editors promoting an edit only for them not to release it. So God knows what you guys thought of me promoting 3 films & not releasing any of them when I said I would. :smile:

The reason for such a long delay is because December well & truely sucked. Basically 2 relatives died & the PC was so badly trashed I ended up having to buy a new hard drive. So I only manage to re-do the edit last weekend.

Anyway, it's all done now & I'm very happy with the results. I know the world isn't exactly crying out for another Prequal edit but I've come such a long way since my first edits that looking back on them now they were really poor & embarressing & they really did need re-editing to bring them up to the standard of my recent edits.

So I'm sending them of to AvP today for uploading, I've got no idea when he'll upload them, but at least their done.

Last thing, I did some screen tests on these edits & the results were varied. Basically these are NTSC edits & as I'm in the UK with all PAL equipment I was curious to see what the difference was.

1. On my standard NON-widescreen TV with my standard DVD player the pic quality was v.good, actually better than my originals.
2. On my friends analogue widescreen TV with his standard DVD player the pic quality was good.
3. On my friends HD-widescreen TV with Playstation 3 blue ray HD-DVD player the quality was poor.

I've got no idea why the quality was poor on the Hi-Def equipment but it was. It was so strange, I even tested a blue-ray DVD of the new rocky film & the quality wasn't too good either. It's probably how my mate has set his tv up, but considering how long it takes to download these films I thought it was only fair to let you know that on Hi-Def stuff these films don't look amazing.

Then again these are NTSC films & it was a PAL DVD player & Sony aren't exactly forthcoming when it comes to multi-regional equipment so it might be worth a look on NTSC Hi-Def equipment.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy them, I'm glad I've finnally finished them & that I can now say I proud to have my name on these edits.

great news about the fanedits, father merrin! Sorry for your loss.

looking forward to these FM. Sorry about the losses in your family. I had a very similar December :(

Thanks guys, sorry to hear about your bad news ThrowgnCpr.

I've been speaking to AvP & apparently his PC isn't in the happy either so I'm not sure when they'll be available, but I'm sure AvP will do them when he can.

i'm guessing your friend doesn't have his ps3/tv setup correctly...

When i play dvds on my ps3 they do look shit

I hope so joebshmoe. I'd be interested to hear how these films look on HD equipment in the USA where NTSC is standard.

AvP do your films have lots of those pixels in the picture? Like you get with a de-tuned tv channel.

yea it seems to zoom in the picture

isnt it possible to uprate, downrate or shake-it-all-aboutrate the picture so its looks better on HD equioment?

or do ps3 not have this functionality?

im still stuck back in the dark ages when it comes to consoles i have a PS1 & a GC.

ive tryed all the settings nothing changes

it's probably the NTSC support in the PAL PS3. try another PAL>NTSC DVD player.

Back
Top Bottom