If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Site Updates (2014)
As some of you may have noticed the site was down last night for maintenance. I was hopeful I would be able to make the switch to the new server last night, but one small obstacle remained. We're getting close, and everything should be switched over by the end of the week (hopefully sooner).
Every time I access "Unread Posts" I get the Closed Maintenance banner.
I am currently using Activity Stream for a general view.
Glad you are working on this, Q2.
Vultural Wrote:Every time I access "Unread Posts" I get the Closed Maintenance banner.

So do I. It is working now, but I've experienced this intermittently over the past few days.
Non sum qualis eram.

Captain Khajiit's Basic Guide to Decoding Video and Audio
Captain Khajiit's Quick Guide to Encoding a BD via the Command-line
Captain Khajiit's Basic Guide to Encoding with HCenc

For tech support, PM me (politely) or use the @+username function: I rarely read through threads these days.
Q2 Wrote:As some of you may have noticed the site was down last night for maintenance. I was hopeful I would be able to make the switch to the new server last night, but one small obstacle remained. We're getting close, and everything should be switched over by the end of the week (hopefully sooner).

I noticed that google doesn't find fanedit.org anymore. For silly work reasons I don't have fanedit.org bookmarked, and just run a search each time, and this site always popped up as the first hit, with direct links to the main page, forums, etc.

Today this search shows the site's twitter, facebook, youtube, vimeo pages - but not this .org site.

I assume this has something to do with moving to a new server, but is probably something that will take care of itself automatically pretty quickly. But if this tips you off as a reminder that oh yea we still need to...whatever - then cool, don't forget to do that.
Everything is ready for the move. Later tonight this site will shutdown (I.e. Maintenance mode) and we'll flip the switch. This process can take up to 48 hours, so if you continue to see maintenance mode it's a good indication you're on the old server. Just be patient.
IFDB will be down temporarily. Due to the holiday this could be a few days until I get a few issues resolved. I apologize for the inconvenience.
This thread is now closed as we're in 2015. The new 2015 thread can be found here.