If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Site Updates (2014)
I'm gonna be such a dick now.
TV's Frink Wrote:I'm gonna be such a dick now.

[Image: 0g8uo.gif]
Currently working on: art and music and my life, at my own pace.
See, the proper response would have been "now?"
Oh, oh I get it. Now.
Currently working on: art and music and my life, at my own pace.
TV's Frink Wrote:See, the proper response would have been "now?"

This is me liking that
TM2YC Wrote:If it gets brought back "people getting very low reputations for one or two poor comments" should be how it works.

Because previously, once you'd maxed out your reputation, you could suddenly act like a complete d*ck for a few weeks and still have a decent rep. It should take time to accrue a high score but a very short time to lose it again. That would encourage the best behaviour I feel. My 2cents.
Couldn't have been said it better. I totally agree on that aspect

Funny part is I just noticed reputations were gone. :oops:
[SIZE=2][FONT=century gothic]Current fanedits in the works:
[/FONT][/SIZE]SW Prequel Trilogy
The Hunger Games Edit
[Image: technical.jpg]

Today we received an email from our host that we have been "abusing CPU resources for an extended period of time". When we moved hosts several years back our current provider met our needs. In those years the popularity of Fanedit.org has outgrown those needs.

Please bear with us over the next several days as we investigate how to move forward. We are trying to find how best to handle this without the cost jumping exponentially. Things may load slowly or generate errors. There is no cause for alarm and is an expected repercussion from our host throttling and cacheing our service to ensure the server doesn't crash.

We'll keep you updated as we move forward.
Just a quick update on what's happening with the site and the errors everyone is seeing.

At the suggestion of our current host, we enabled a service to offload some of the more server intensive processing to a third party. That allowed us to bring the site back up, but is resulting in the errors you're all experiencing. Because of this we've decided to move to a new host that will provide us with greater resources for our ever growing community.

This isn't a simple process. We have a lot of data that needs to be moved and then tested. Due to the complexity of running our own server (we're currently sharing one) we don't expect the site to be fully restored until sometime next week.

Thank you for your patience as we prepare to move the site to a new home to improve the service for all.
Q2 Wrote:Just a quick update on what's happening with the site and the errors everyone is seeing.

At the suggestion of our current host, we enabled a service to offload some of the more server intensive processing to a third party. That allowed us to bring the site back up, but is resulting in the errors you're all experiencing. Because of this we've decided to move to a new host that will provide us with greater resources for our ever growing community.

This isn't a simple process. We have a lot of data that needs to be moved and then tested. Due to the complexity of running our own server (we're currently sharing one) we don't expect the site to be fully restored until sometime next week.

Thank you for your patience as we prepare to move the site to a new home to improve the service for all.

Thank you for the update and thanks to all of the people that keep this boat floating
Completed Edits
(PM for Links)
musiced921 Wrote:Thank you for the update and thanks to all of the people that keep this boat floating

This. Very much so.