• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

David Lynch Blu Ray News

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The news forum is for fanediting related news. Thread moved.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ray Wise says long-lost FWWM deleted scenes will be on blu-ray.

Ray Wise: So, all the “Twin Peaks” material is going to be in this new set, plus deleted scenes from FIRE WALK WITH ME.

Interviewer: Something like 40-some minutes of scenes is what I heard. Is that all going to be on there?

RW: Yeah, it’s going to happen. I don’t know what happened to be able to do it, I suppose it has something to do with the French producers. But, it’s happening.

Leland Palmer's word isn't the most reliable thing, but coupled with the news above, this is very exciting.

theslime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It seems that we're closer than ever to deleted FWWM scenes (with the 25 years later date coming up and with a few half-insiders not ruling it out entirely (which is new)), but one of Lynch's recent comments about the set "containing the pilot, season one and season two" (plus surprises), doesn't really bode well for FWwM, unless the whole movie is considered a surprise.

It could also be that rights for FWwM couldn't be secured for the set (if whoever owns the rights now are planning a release themselves) and that Lynch is working towards a separate release. Which also seems more feasible than in a long time, especially if interest in the series gains a bit of steam post-bluray release.

The proof will be in the pudding soon. I'll believe FWwM deleted scenes when I see them, but I'm happy about a good series bluray release no matter what happens. The iTunes HD release looked very nice.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
everything ive read bout FWWM,,,just still working on legal aspects of things.But I hope it all gets released at once, instead of few years later coming out with yet another version that has to be bought at customers expense

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's official. Twin Peaks: The Complete Series and FWWM will be released as a boxset on July 29, and it will include nearly 90-min of deleted footage! You can see some of it here.

What isn't mentioned is if the footage will be incorporated into the film (unlikely) or if it will be supplemental (more likely). If it's not incorporated I will be putting together an extended edition as soon as I get my hands on it.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
It's official. Twin Peaks: The Complete Series and FWWM will be released as a boxset on July 29, and it will include nearly 90-min of deleted footage! You can see some of it here.

What isn't mentioned is if the footage will be incorporated into the film (unlikely) or if it will be supplemental (more likely). If it's not incorporated I will be putting together an extended edition as soon as I get my hands on it.

Badass! Love that cover art too.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
I will be putting together an extended edition as soon as I get my hands on it.

Slow down, it's not a race. ;)

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love how Lynch has put time in to "get it right" before putting out, instead of some poorly rushed box set.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Slow down, it's not a race. ;)

I understand what you're saying. Ready. Set. GO!

theslime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm speechless. It's ACTUALLY HAPPENING. It's a full half hour more deleted scenes than I dreamed of. Lynch was in talks years ago of restoring approx. 50 minutes of the best scenes, and now we get an hour and a half? For me personally, this is the archival release of the decade. If Billy Wilder and Orson Welles returned from the dead to show me their director's cuts of Double Indemnity and The Magnificant Ambersons, it would be a meh compared to this.

The glimpses in the trailer are just crazy amazing. I've been imagining those scenes since I first read the shooting script years and years ago, and even when my expecations are so sky-high the scenes still don't disappoint. I almost shed a tear finally seeing Dr. Jacoby actually talk to Laura (not just listening to tapes). And we'll finally see David Bowie in Buenos Aires. And Coop in the Lodge. Speechless.

(Has it really been 10 years since I first visited the Geocities "Fight for the deleted scenes" page? I think so.)

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Im curious about the "new" footage Lynch was supposed to be shooting, also maybe one day we will see Wild at Heart- deleted scenes cleaned up.

theslime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The new footage is probably A Slice of Lynch part 2. I wouldn't get my hopes up apart from hoping for a kinda cool extra. I can't remember where I read it, but there will be an interview-ish deal with the Palmer family (Grace Zabriskie, Ray Wise and Sheryl Lee), which sounds cool. It's probably that. Or another deal. But David doesn't need to use this to sell an original work, not even a Twin Peaks one. I think this is an archival release with some strictly documentary extras (but I've been wrong before).

Since you bring up Wild at Heart... I'm willing to bet Wild at Heart scenes in good quality would save the movie for me. That's the one film, imo, where David Lynch fatally miscalculated how dense his script actually was, and ultimately screwed up. Cutting Blue Velvet, Inland Empire, and even FWWM worked really well and possibly even improved the end results (as much as I'm looking forward to FINALLY see these scenes!), but Wild at Heart is an almost Dune-like mess that would have been better as mini-series. (Sadly, those scenes are probably long gone.)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ 'Wild At Heart' and 'Dune' are his masterpieces!

theslime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
You're crazy. :)

They're also the ones that ended up farthest from his original vision, so I don't know what that says about your relationship to his films. ;)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
theslime said:
You're crazy. :)

They're also the ones that ended up farthest from his original vision, so I don't know what that says about your relationship to his films. ;)

The poetic and majestic theatrical cut of 'Dune' was Lynch's cut, unless I'm mistaken. There was a longer rough and totally unfinished workprint but that's not the same thing (And that god awful Alan Smithee cut). I wasn't aware of 'Wild at heart' being interfered with?

Oh and I'd put 'Fire Walk With Me' in 3rd place (Behind Dune and WAH) out of all his films.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I enjoy Wild at Heart, but Dune is terrible.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Will every film have one (1) frakking chapter?

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
Will every film have one (1) frakking chapter?

Lynch doesn't like chapter breaks; he feels a movie should be enjoyed from beginning to end, and not broken up like a book.

Top Bottom