• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

MERLIN'S Star Trek: Hidden Frontier DVDs.

merlin261170

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
*AT THE PERSONAL REQUEST OF MR ROB CAVES FROM AREAKT PRODUCTIONS (THE PRODUCER OF HIDDEN FRONTIER), ALL DOWNLOAD LINKS, TRADE AVAILABILITY, AND COVER ART FOR MY HIDDEN FRONTIER DVDs SHALL BE REMOVED FROM THESE POSTS. I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE FANS OF MY HIDDEN FRONTIER DVDs THAT HAVE DOGGED ME SILLY FOR MORE OF THEM OVER THE LAST YEAR. ANY OF YOU THAT ARE ONLY PART WAY THROUGH WATCHING THEM, PLEASE ACCEPT MY APPOLOGIES. THE REMAINING EPISODES PLUS NEW EPISODES OF STAR TREK ODYSSEY & THE HELENA CHRONICLES ARE AVAILABLE FROM http://www.hiddenfrontier.com. ROB CAVE'S MESSAGE CAN BE FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST IF ANYBODY WISHES TO VIEW IT*

Many thanks.

MERLIN. 8)

what's the problem with having these in your RS account?

or you could send to someone to upload to RS for you

Hi Boon

Not an actual problem as such. I recently got a message from RS saying that I was being changed to an XXL account, and that any links that were unused for 90 days would be automatically deleted. This would mean that any links getting that old without being used I would have to download myself to keep them active another 90 days. Another thing that I'd have to find time to do. On top of that there's another 9 discs just for Hidden Frontier, to say nothing of any other DVDs I do. So I decided to do this to try and free up a bit of time and room.

The existing links will still be active so long as they are used, and the other discs will still be available through trade.

Cheers.

MERLIN.

Merlin only comes on here very very occasionally.

merlin261170 said:
I come on here nearly every day.

Hello,

Unfortunately at Hidden Frontier we have had serious problems with bootleg DVD's recently and must put an end to DVD sales and transfers online, including cover artwork.

Therefore I must ask you to remove Hidden Frontier from your list of available DVD's, and to please not distribute them anywhere. We regret that it has come to this, but we assume the fans would prefer we continue to be able to produce new episodes rather than have the past episodes available on DVD.

Thank you for your quick attention and reply.

Best,

Rob Caves
Hidden Frontier

Hi Rob

I totally understand and respect you position there. I have always been a great fan of Hidden Frontier, from its beginnings through to thetwo new series and the collaborations with Star Trek Intrepid.

I shall, therefore, respect your wishes and remove all download links and cover art for my HF DVDs, and remove them from my trade list. I shall remove all Hidden Frontier posts, bar this one, so people know what has happened to them.

I know that this shall disappoint many of the fans of my HF DVDs, but it shall be done immediately.

Many Regards.

MERLIN. 8)

merlin261170 said:
Hi Rob

However, it is not within my power to remove the HF posts from the fanfilms forum, and you will need to approach a site administrator if you wish that to happen.

MERLIN. 8)

Hi Merlin,

Thanks for the quick reply. If those posts can be edited, that would be sufficient. (Maybe with a disclaimer as to why they are not available?) Feel free to paint us as the bad guys if that makes it any easier.

We too are disappointed it's come to this, but safety first, as they say.

Thanks again for your quick action.

Cheers,

Rob

Hi Rob Caves

Just thought I'd let you know that I have managed to remove all of the other HF posts except for 2 which have had messages left on them as to why they are no longer available.

Many Regards.

MERLIN. 8)

merlin261170 said:
Hi Rob Caves

Just thought I'd let you know that I have managed to remove all of the other HF posts except for 2 which have had messages left on them as to why they are no longer available.

Many Regards.

MERLIN. 8)

Thanks so much, Merlin. It is appreciated. :)

Cheers,

Rob

Back
Top Bottom