• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Burning of DL DVDs

Mnm

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know this one was mentioned before, but I'm interested to hear if there are any updates on this subject. I'm using Nero 8 for burning. What is your suggestion on this? Could Nero handle this DVDs without a problems or should I use something else? :-?

i use nero for DL burning but burn very slow

I will. I will burn it in slowest speed possible. That's all I need to know. :)

i agree with the slowness

i use 2x with k3b/growisofs (debian linux)

so if anyone is wondering in the linux world... ^

Will this actually play back on a standalone player? I've tried copying dual layer discs, and playback always freezes at the halfway point of the movie. I watched the unrated cut of High Tension and it froze right it the middle... then again, after seeing the shitty "twist ending", I think the DVD freezing was my player trying to warn me "*BA-ZING!* :lol:

I actually find DL discs slightly more reliable, I've never had a bad burn yet. It's just the expense of buying the damn discs...

dvd dl discs are still not the most compatible format out there with many players. It tends to be usually hit or miss, or even how they actually went ahead and made the disc (what app was used) or the mehtod used for the layer break whch is sometimes not properly flagged.

for myself, I make an iso in dvd format with ultraiso and then use dvd decrypter to burn the iso. Doing this method I have not enountered a problem with DL media. Usng other apps (such as ulead burning the disc) I get stuck sometimes at the layer break

Mostly I either shrink down the disc or just split the film onto two dvds. In fact for most of the Westerns made by Leonenut, I split the disc. Much easier and cheapier then using dl media

Bizarrely it's damn near impossible to get DL discs in the UK.
unless you buy online.

which is irritating as I would like some for the large versions of Matrix Squared etc.. but can't be bothered to order a box full.

Finn: I can get DL discs where I am, but they're hideously expensive.

why are they so rare and expensive over there?

...in the US they are EVERYWHERE

Not really rare, but twice the price.

they are still pricey in the US. A Verbatim (the only brand worth using) 5 pack still goes for about 20$ or so

The funny thing is Maplin are doing a 50 pack of Verbatim DVD-R SL's for a tenner.

for those of you that use imgburn, what version are you using? I used to have an older version that burned .img no problem, but it didnt have the build function, so I got a new version, and I get lots of errors. Almost always in finalizing.

i use imgburn

what version do you use, and have you had any issues?

the new one,only with DL

Back
Top Bottom