• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
QT says a lot of things (No really he does :D). He just rabbits on about whatever ideas he's got in his brain at the time, interviewers seem to treat them as facts. e.g.

- DVD release of uncut Kill Bill
- KB sequel every decade
- Animated KB movie
- Remake of Inglorious Bastards (That didn't really happen)
- The Vega Brothers crossover movie

Love that he never stops thinking of cool projects but until the sets start getting built I'll try to hold back my excitement about a Dern vs Waltz Western.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
1016.gif

Sure, why not? I'm in

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do you guys remember when he announced he wanted to do Macbeth, back in the 90s? Yes. Tarantino doing Shakespeare. I wonder if he'd respect the written text or he'd go "Is this a motherf***ing dagger I see in front of me?"

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Honestly, I'd love to see his modern day take on Macbeth. Something about a mobster trying to rise the ranks or something would be refreshing. I love all his movies (except Death Proof) but I miss his style and approach from the 90s.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Man... the blood really wouldn't wash off Lady Macbeth's hands in that version...

Moving on. It's another western, with Christoph Waltz. I really, really, really want this to be a King Schultz prequel. There's so much more I wanted to know about that character.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I read that many Quentin scripts leaked in the past and he did not cancelled the movies because of it. I think this time it's really because he feels this is a personnal betrayal and not making the movie is his "revenge". He likes revenge doesn't he?

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
I read that many Quentin scripts leaked in the past and he did not cancelled the movies because of it. I think this time it's really because he feels this is a personnal betrayal and not making the movie is his "revenge". He likes revenge doesn't he?

Actually, why not make the next movie about that incident? A writer's closely guarded secret script is made public. Only one of six men could be responsible. He could try and narrow out which one did it through some detective work... or just go mad and make a Death List Six and track down and eliminate all of them. Each encounter would play out like a parody of one of QT's other movies. Martial arts sequence for one actor, military ambush and scalping for another, wild west duel, brutal car chase, stuck in the middle with you ear removal... and for the last one, the one who is revealed to actually be responsible? Bring out the Gimp.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:
Actually, why not make the next movie about that incident? (...).

Haha, not bad!

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:
Actually, why not make the next movie about that incident? A writer's closely guarded secret script is made public. Only one of six men could be responsible. He could try and narrow out which one did it through some detective work... or just go mad and make a Death List Six and track down and eliminate all of them. Each encounter would play out like a parody of one of QT's other movies. Martial arts sequence for one actor, military ambush and scalping for another, wild west duel, brutal car chase, stuck in the middle with you ear removal... and for the last one, the one who is revealed to actually be responsible? Bring out the Gimp.

Have Nic Cage play Tarantino and I think it could be brilliant. I don't think Tarantino would ever do it, as I'm sure he'll just move onto another idea, but it would make a very interesting movie.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Interesting developments. Tarantino is suing Gawker for posting links to download the PDF of the script. Of course I immediately seek out said PDF.

Legal papers said:
Gawker Media has made a business of predatory journalism, violating people’s right to make a buck. This time they’ve gone too far. Rather than merely publishing a news story reporting that Plaintiff’s screenplay may have been circulating in Hollywood without his permission, Gawker Media crossed the journalistic line by promoting itself to the public as the first source to read the entire screenplay illegally. Their headline boasts, ‘Here is the leaked Quentin Tarantino Hateful Eight Script’ — here, not someplace else, but ‘here’ on the Gawker website. The article then contains multiple direct links for downloading the entire screenplay through a conveniently anonymous URL by simply clicking button-links on the Gawker page, and brazenly encourages Gawker visitors to read the screenplay illegally with an invitation to ‘enjoy’ it. There was nothing newsworthy or journalistic about Gawker Media facilitating and encouraging the public’s violation of Plaintiff’s copyright in the screenplay, and its conduct will not shield Gawker Media from liability for their unlawful activity.

I don't know, I feel it's kind of a pussy move to sue an internet site for doing internet shit. It's not like he's never stolen from anybody. And who cares, what's the harm? He made a big fuss about not making it and telling us all how much we missed out. At least now we can read the movie. I know he teased the possibility of making it a novel. That'd be cool, but I'm sure he won't do it now that it's been leaked. Fucking pussy.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dammit, can't watch that video in America, apparently, but it looks like Djesus Uncrossed which QT should totally make.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DominicCobb said:
Dammit, can't watch that video in America, apparently, but it looks like Djesus Uncrossed which QT should totally make.

It is. But wait, how come you can't watch it in America? It's from NBC's official Youtube channel, therefore Americans should be able to watch it. I was able to watch it and I'm in Canada. Strange.

wayne.workman2012

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
It is. But wait, how come you can't watch it in America? It's from NBC's official Youtube channel, therefore Americans should be able to watch it. I was able to watch it and I'm in Canada. Strange.

I tried to watch the clip with my regular browser, couldn't do it.

Had to open it up in TOR.

Top Bottom