• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: COPS Consecution:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lahey by Adabisi 8.6/10- I love comedy shows and I've heard of Trailer Park Boys through word of mouth but I've never actually watched any of it, so I had no idea what to expect going into this.- Pretty funny, and pretty much invisible editing- Excellent workFatal Weapon by TMBTM 8.8/10- Wasn't sure what to expect going into this one. But I loved TMBTM's previous short, “Iron Blood”.This was very well done. The ending was cool (IMO, two interpretations 1) it's a flashback 2) he's in heaven).The Naked Gun by matrixgrindhouse 6.4/10- I could have done with out the excessive grain and lines and scratches etc., but it wasn't too distracting, just my opinion- I realize this edit must have been tricky since the editor had to cut out the comedy and jokes but some of the dialogue felt a little abrupt – like because it had to be cut together, it didn't have natural pauses, it felt a bit too quick, if that makes any sense. The audio editing other than that was fine, nothing jarring other than what was mentioned. Also, I guess it fits the style of what matrixgrindhouse was going for but at the same time giving it the old-feel effects to the video and audio to patch over most of the cuts seemed kind of lazy for lack of a better word. No offense intended to matrixgrindhouse but I think using the grindhouse effects a bit more sparingly would have been better (“a little goes a long way” as they say)- This was a really ambitious idea but it didn't really work for me, a non-grindhoused version with more straight forward editing might have been more appealing to me (I can't speak for anyone else).Police Stories by Neglify 8.6/10- Training Day was one of my favorite movies, so I liked that it was used as an introduction- Zodiac: It's been a long time since I've seen Zodiac (but I remember liking it). I enjoyed this one. It lacked action which isn't a bad thing, just two detectives investigating. It felt like it could have been a scene from an episode of a TV show.- Minority Report: This was another good short. Right to the point, and a story with a resolution.- The French Connection: Another movie that I love. “Have you been picking your feet in Poughkeepsie?” This short was my least favorite of the three.- Nice choice of song for the end creditsA Day in the Life by Neglify 8.5/10- I love Magnolia, Tom Cruise's best acting performance IMO. When I saw that Neglify was going to do a short with John C. Reilly's character, it sounded like a damn fine idea. Like the funny/sad sequence where he talks as if he is on a COPS reality show.- Although there is no real resolution, the ending was still goodGordon Year One by g1orkatsos 9.4/10- Excellent introduction and opening credits- Great narrative and good choice for the ending- Editing was pretty much invisible to me- Nice work g1or!The Counterfeit Cop Caper by DominicCobb 8.7/10- Nice music choices, gave it a 70s feel- If I'm nitpicking the sound levels could be adjusted just a bit as far as music vs. dialogue, but it wasn't jarring or anything but occasionally the dialogue was hard to hear, I guess it was necessary to hide center track spillage as far as the original music- Some pixellation/artifacts (no idea if this is due to the full DVD encoding, or the fanedit short itself, or maybe the conversion to black&white?) throughout the edit- I rewatched the the scenes in The Town that were used in this edit. Very nice editing with regards to intercutting of the scenes discussing the job and the heist itself- Was that song near the end from Le Samourai?- Narrative-wise this was excellent, nicely doneSupercop by leeroy 8.5/10- Interesting touch with having Anchorman News Intro on the TV (works good with “turn that shit off”)- I noticed you also mixed in some scenes from other movies- Cool opening credits sequence (although the voice over was amateurish but I guess cheesiness works with this edit!) and I can't fault leeroy, not everyone is ThrowgnCpr and hires a professional voice over actor!- lol at the last actor credited (I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen the edit)- at times it seemed like the audio transitions could have been smoothed out a bit- lol at the coca-cola commercial, clever- Overall this was a fun editThe Equation of Crime by That One Guy 8.5/10- Interesting introduction to lay the ground work (and nice to have scenes accompanying the text)cool song as well- Video quality was fine save for a few random times where it seemed like a flash of red came on the upper quarter of the screen for a frame or two *This was a result of the encoding of the DVD and not the fault of the editor*- Music choices were great and IMO conveyed the meaning and feeling of the scenes- Overall I enjoyed this short. Very “outside the box” and clever idea to use a movie about a man obsessed with numbers/solving an equation and change it into a man obsessed with solving a crime.

More...

Back
Top Bottom