• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Conan - Man of War:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
out of all the classic arnold films for some reason conan is a film i haven't re-watched to often, the last time i saw it was around 5 years ago and i felt it was a little ponderous at best. this version quickens the pace moving the film along while never feeling as if anything major had been removed that spoils the narrative.the new soundtrack works really well in telling the story without any dialogue at the start of the film. having not read too much info regarding the edit i thought maybe the hole film would be like this. luckily there is dialogue that breaks the music throughout the edit.i guess to really enjoy the edit you have to be a fan of the music and to be honest it's my cup of tea. i also feel that the edit could have included sound effects during these music parts. for me the muted sound with the music playing over would have benefited with some sound effects because when the song finishes we then return to the conan film in which there isn't any music so we hear all the background noises (if that makes sense) overall i enjoyed conan a lot more this time time around but it still isn't an arnie film that i see myself returning to soon.

More...

Top Bottom