• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Old Habits Die Hard by Spence

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Let me preface my saying I am not a tech/computer guy. I honestly don't understand half the stuff you guys talk about in the forums when it comes to sound and video editing. When I watch an edit, I watch it solely on the basis of how it affects the flow of storytelling. Because in the end, that is the purpose of these edits, to hopefully tell either a better or alternate story. And as I have said before in my reviews, the best way to tell if an edit works (IMO) is if after watching you didn't realize anything was missing.

And this edit of LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD really, really works!

In fact, I was surprised at how well it works! I was really curious how the absence of the jet fighter sequence (the portion that really ruined the movie for me) would be worked. It's removal was flawless. Other than a huge action set piece it does absolutely nothing for the story. I think this cut works way better than the original. Sure, some people might ask then why the badguys did not notice McClane was following them in a huge semi-rig. But my interpretation of the retro-conned events is now the badguys never knew McClane had hijacked the semi and just drove behing them all the way to new hide out.

Let me put it this way, I watched this edit with my wife (who had never seen DIE HARD 4) last night and she is very critical of most action movies, AND SHE LOVED THIS MOVIE! In fact, she did not even notice it was a fan edit until I told her after the movie. High praise indeed! :-D

The story flows smoothly, I did not notice any hard cuts, the audio was excellent and in sync throughout, and the blueish colour tone worked well. One of the best fan edits I have watched recently. This is definitely my preferred cut of DIE HARD 4. Far superior to the thearical version in my opinion.

THUMBS WAY UP!!!!! :)

thank you very much for your kind feedback. it's always nice to have your work reviewed, for better or for worse.

next up, more Pirates!

that sounds really interesting. my wife is critical with action movies too...

I?m out for downloading your edit spence...

I totally hated that stupid and expensive jet fighter scene!

by Spence
What is it about? The goal of this edit was to make LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD To feel a bit more like the original trilogy of DIE HARD films. It removes the more ridiculous, cartoony moments in favor of making a stronger, meaner action movie.

front-32.jpg

original film name:Live Free Or Die Hard
new film name:Old Habits Die Hard
film studio name : Fox
edit crew name:Spence
Date Original Film Was Released:2007
Date Edit Was Released: December 2007
Original Runtime: 130 min.
New Runtime:116 min.
Amount of time Cut/Added:14 min.

Cuts removed/added/extended:

* * removed some badly dubbed and/or silly lines
* * no airbag scene
* * no fighter jet
* * other little edits

Fanedit details:

new title, still menus.

Video Attributes:
Video compression mode: MPEG-2
TV system: 525/60 (NTSC)
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Display Mode: Only Letterbox
Frame Rate: 30.00
Average Bitrate: 3.5Mbps

Audio Attributes:
Audio Coding mode: Dolby Digital
Sampling Rate: 48kHz
Number of Audio channels: 2
Bitrate: 192 Kbps
Number of Audio streams: 1
Your intention for this fanedit: The goal of this edit was to make LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD To feel a bit more like the original trilogy of DIE HARD films. It removes the more ridiculous, cartoony moments in favor of making a stronger, meaner action movie.

Hardware and software information: Womble, sony vegas, dvd architect

Time needed: 1 week

persons involved: Spence

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

Back
Top Bottom