• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Superbad - Extended

PaulisDead2221

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I need a break from my other two projects that I should be working on and doing a nice and easy standard extended edition of Superbad. I love this movie a lot and want to add in some great extra scenes and some alternate takes from the 2-disc special edition. Integrating the scenes into the film takes a few filtering processes to match the footage to the kinda faux 70s look they had going, and building the audio from the stereo source of the supplemental materials to 5.1 surround, basically building back channels and such. It's real easy and I'm almost done editing and I'll be back onto Star Wars and Fantastic Wounds I just figured I'd want to be the first to jump on this great film.

moved to IN THE WORKS, as it is not yet finished and available.

Can't wait for this one, thoroughly enjoyed the film!

yeah this should be amazing

i think another awesome project could be "the PG13 Cut" as i often find the offensive language in apatow & rogan's works to be forced and unnatural.

even so this was a hilarious movie!

I've recently ordered this movie as I never caught it at the cinema.

Is it as good and as hilarious as alot of people seem to suggest?

loved 40 yr old virgin, wasnt that impressed by either knocked up or superbad. maybe i should of seen the theatrical version instead of the unrated one?

Zebedee said:
I've recently ordered this movie as I never caught it at the cinema.

Is it as good and as hilarious as alot of people seem to suggest?

YEEEEEEESSS!

So all the editing's done, I just need to start exporting stuff and assembling a DVD, so it'll be up sometime this week.

nOmArch said:
loved 40 yr old virgin, wasnt that impressed by either knocked up or superbad. maybe i should of seen the theatrical version instead of the unrated one?

Hm, I have a small personal testament to that. I thought that 40 Year Old Virgin was by far the funniest, but I found Knocked Up and Superbad to be great films that happened to be funny - as opposed to 40YOV which was a funny film, that also happened to be a great one. If that makes sense. I guess it just depends on your expectations.

I personally love all 3 films in their own respect.

In addition to the DVD, I'm making a computer-fit .mkv as part of the torrent package. This will give me practice with working with setting chapter stops in .mkvs as well as some other things I'm not so sure about. I'll need the practice for when Star Wars is finally ready for distribution, as an .mkv will be the only way to distribute it in HD. I'm just putting together the menu for the DVD right now, so in the next few days it should be up.

Hey sorry it didn't come up last week, I was working like hell all day and coming home and just sleeping. Tomorrow will be my first day off in like 10 days. But things are pretty much done.

amazing how much longer is it to the original? did you cut anything from the original. i cant wait to see this. should be awesome!

how will this be different from the unrated version?

I found Superbad pretty amusing ... I only watched the unrated version and it was already kind of long.

Yeah, it did seem long, but not long enough to be annoying. I didn't really think anything particularly "dragged" for too long. Still looking forward to this one.

I loved Superbad SO much. I was hoping someone would do an extended edition...I look forward to DLing this.

Hell with it, yeah it's done and up at the Piratebay. I was having an issue with the buttons in the menu, but it's not something to stress about. Merry Christmas from PaulisDead2221

This is an extended version of Superbad, sourced from the unrated and extended 2-disc DVD, with deleted scenes from the supplemental materials reinstated into the film.

Superbad: Extended Edition
-Added Seth fitting into his borrowed threads
-Added Seth and Evan attempting to steal alcohol from Evan\'s parents
-Extended first wife story
-Alternate Evan performance scene
-Extended drinking game between Fogul and the cops
-Extended \"to Seth\" toast
-Extended cops confess to Fogul
-Added actors riffing their dialog behind the end credits after the dick drawings

Original Film Name: Superbad
Film Studio Name: Apatow Productions/Columbia Pictures
Date Original Film Was Released: 17 August 2007
Date Edit Was Released: 24 December 2007
Original Runtime: 114 min / 118 min (unrated)
New Runtime: 123 min

moved to extended editions.
Congratulations on finishing, PID.

This is great my only problem is that it does not include the "it's a nice looking d**k" line from the red band trailer. That is my favorite line in the whole film and I don't know why it was cut? I only own the single disc unrated version and it was not included in any of the extras. Is it on the 2 disc version or is a high quality version of the trailer available online? and if so is there any chance of it being included on a new version if you still have all the source materials assembled? That would be ultimate.

Back
Top Bottom