• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Guardians of the Galaxy

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Next year's other Marvel Studios Phase 2 film (and their last pre-Avengers 2 flick), which drops August 1, has a cast photo at last!

guardians2014_zpse250e378.jpg

Cap, X-Men, Spider-Man, and Guardians... surely this will be our most Marvel-ous summer yet! :-D

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In many ways this is the one Marvel movie I am the most excited about because I have NEVER read ANY of the MANY VERSIONS of Guardians of the Galaxy, so it is a complete blank canvas to me, where anything can happen.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So a talking Raccoon, The walking tree from Two Towers, Veins Man, Captain Planet's green niece and..... some ginger dude... Man, from all the properties they could have made into a movie, this is by far the hardest to make right. This could turn into a campy stupid mess so easily. Until i see something good from this movie, i have zero expectations. Hopefully Marvel can prove me wrong, though i have been disappointed before from them. Fingers crossed...

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lol, still laughing about that raccoon. reminds me of this:

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
g1orkatsos said:
So a talking Raccoon, The walking tree from Two Towers, Veins Man, Captain Planet's green niece and..... some ginger dude... Man, from all the properties they could have made into a movie, this is by far the hardest to make right.
You say badass, sh*t-talking raccoon and green [Zoe Saldana] like they're not an inherent pluses! This movie will look (and should feel) different, which will work in its favor. Compare to Green Lantern, which took a similarly out-there cosmic concept and did its best to run away with that, ripping off Top Gun and setting the climax in a downtown American city for a change.

... This movie is going to kick Green Lantern's ass so hard DC execs will cry. :-D

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
You say badass, sh*t-talking raccoon and green [Zoe Saldana] like they're not an inherent pluses! This movie will look (and should feel) different, which will work in its favor. Compare to Green Lantern, which took a similarly out-there cosmic concept and did its best to run away with that, ripping off Top Gun and setting the climax in a downtown American city for a change.

... This movie is going to kick Green Lantern's ass so hard DC execs will cry. :-D
I am not saying that i don't want something different for a change, or that this movie couldn't be (it should be) awesome. But it is one of those movies, that can fail so easily in so many ways than any marvel movie before it and that has me a bit worried. Green Latern was just a bad movie, out of there cosmic concept or not. But IMO Green Latern seems like a much easier movie to make than Guardians of the Galaxy (though WB proved me otherwise)
I reeeeeeally want this to be awesome. don't get me wrong. But i am far more excited for Captain America 2 at this point. I am more than welcome to be proven wrong :)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
g1orkatsos said:
But IMO Green Latern seems like a much easier movie to make than Guardians of the Galaxy
Gotta disagree there; I always thought the GL Corps' old school squareness and color-coded emotions would be a huge liability - cops of any kind aren't exactly the movies' biggest heroes these days. Marvel, OTOH, has free reign to make their space opera as attitude-filled as they please. Cue the sh*t-talking raccoon. :-D

g1orkatsos said:
But it is one of those movies, that can fail so easily in so many ways than any marvel movie before it and that has me a bit worried.
I see what you mean, and if this had been a Phase I movie I'd have absolutely agreed, but seeing how massive a worldwide hit Thor 2 was with its far-out cosmic elements and with the handicap of Thor's fundamental nobility, I think the groundwork has been laid pretty darn well. I can honestly say I'm more psyched for Guardians than I am Episode 7.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like the humorous tone they appear to be going for. It actually kind of has a Futurama vibe to it all. I still can't quite accept the photorealistic CGI Raccoon. Even by this genre's standards, I'm having trouble taking that part seriously - or at least, whatever the comedic equivalent of that is.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:
I like the humorous tone they appear to be going for. It actually kind of has a Futurama vibe to it all. I still can't quite accept the photorealistic CGI Raccoon. Even by this genre's standards, I'm having trouble taking that part seriously - or at least, whatever the comedic equivalent of that is.

The raccoon is voiced by Bradley Cooper and he's not exactly easy to take seriously either. :lol:

zebramatt

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rocket Raccoon and His Royal Highness Groot (the houseplant) are pretty much a joke in the comics, too. They were campy and ridiculous in their original incarnation in the 60s and their 2008 equivalents played it so straight that it was impossible for them not to be a source of comic relief.

Thing is, when your comic relief can kick your ass halfway across the known cosmos, you better be ready to back up the laughter!

So, so excited about this movie. One comment: more Star-Lord in his helmet, please!

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
im really looking forward to this, it will be good to enjoy marvel movie that has some fun with its self.
lets just hope it don't turn out bad like ripd did.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Trailer was a bit underwhelming. But it looked interesting. I will probably go see it now

emanswfan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
g1orkatsos said:
Trailer was a bit underwhelming. But it looked interesting. I will probably go see it now
Thought that too at first, but then started to realize it was perfect. Gave the look and feel of the film away, but at the same time giving zero plot away, unlike nearly all trailers today. It was an reference back to the good old days of movie trailers.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
emanswfan said:
Thought that too at first, but then started to realize it was perfect. Gave the look and feel of the film away, but at the same time giving zero plot away, unlike nearly all trailers today. It was an reference back to the good old days of movie trailers.
It wasn't the no plot thingy... I didn't mind that the trailer took time to introduce the characters. Maybe it has to do with the fact that the Guardians of the Galaxy is the first comic book movie property i know absolutely nothing about, and i don't have the fanboy inside me getting excited like it would for something i am familiar with and i already have some expectations.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks good. I would pay money to see this in a big a dark room with strange people.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Hasselhoff cameo or I walk out

Kidding aside, fantastic trailer

Top Bottom