• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Article: Fanedit.info Suspended... NO MORE!

ImperialFighter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for pointing this out kolewan, as it's good to know that things seems to up and running again :)

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just checked and it works in latest version of Firefox for me.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
works for me in firefox

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JAYC said:
Has anyone else had any luck accessing the fanedit.info site? I tried today using Firefox, Chrome and it reports it as an attack and not account suspended anymore.

Same for me on Chrome.

Brumous

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JAYC said:
Has anyone else had any luck accessing the fanedit.info site? I tried today using Firefox, Chrome and it reports it as an attack and not account suspended anymore.
Tried thru my smartphone and it went straight to the homepage.

The attack warning is inserted by Google and picked up by certain browsers. The site owner has to contact Google to get rid of the warning. Usually it gets fixed fast.

wayne.workman2012

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As long as Google says it's got Malware, I'm staying well away.

I don't care how much trust you guys put into that site. I'm perfectly fine
with PMing the content creators.

It's in Google's best interests to keep their users Malware free, because
if user computers stop functioning or go down or become too slow for
users to use, then Google doesn't get as many Ad views which means
decreased revenues for them. When they say the site is unsafe, it's not
a bluff.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yay!
Yes, I got the same warning -
Like I care.
I hit "ignore" and waltzed on in.
Reported Attack Site, my ass.

matrixgrindhouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm paranoid; I'm waiting for the warning to be dealt with through proper channels. I really don't mind getting PM'd for my work. Actually, I kind of get a kick out of it to be honest.

JAYC

Reaction score
Trophy Points
reaper18783x said:
this site works for me, but only in IE not for Firefox
Thanks reaper18783x. Just tried it. Internet Explorer 11-no malware warnings for me popping up.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Using Safari.... Big giant malware warning. :-o

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
tried on Chrome, showed site, no warning however. So I guess its time to run a malware scan on my PC.

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, lots if info here from google. Sounds pretty serious:

What is the current listing status for fanedit.info?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.
What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 6 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 3 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2014-01-20, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2014-01-20.Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including 212.227.103.0/.
This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS27956 (Cyber Cast International,).
Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, fanedit.info appeared to function as an intermediary for the infection of 1 site(s) including anonym.to/.
Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.
How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.
Next steps:

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If I sound lackadaisical, it is because I have seen that warning when other joints went offline temporarily, then returned. Also, from a variety of UseNet or Torrent addresses.
I do run AdBlock+, as well as NoScript (which can be a royal pain).
Most of my malware has come when I was seeking accommodations in third world countries for holiday.

That said, I understand how others might shy away from that warning, which I personally view as intimidation and not a little coercion from the Thought Police.
I have faith that the masterminds behind Info are aware of the warning and are endeavoring to rectify the problem.
I also have faith they shall get this sorted out sooner rather than later.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
While the site was still up, I downloaded all of the RAR files containing the DLCs, NZBs, etc, from Fanedit.info (except for two that were offline). I also saved the page listing and linking to them as an mht file. I scanned the files for viruses (the scan showed up clean) and put them all into a 22 MB zip file. If anyone is interested, PM me.

If this post violates Fanedit.org rules, please inform me.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As long as you aren't posting the links, which you aren't, you should be fine.

ImperialFighter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
latest the site simply says brb.

Yeah, just getting the 'brb' message now, after the site seeming to be back properly the other day. Damn. What the hell does 'brb' stand for, I wonder?

Top Bottom