• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Article: Fanedit.info Suspended... NO MORE!

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
rajithwarren said:
Hope this doesn't affect this site since we dont actually post links to fan edits.

It shouldn't affect this site. None of the Administrators here have received any warning or messages of impending doom. This type of scenario is why Info was split from Org.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aztek463 said:
I'm not exactly sure how much deeper there is to go... :p

Here's an example of going deeper. Early this year Digital-Fanedits dot com closed open registration. They like having a small community with privacy. If you're not a member you have no access to the forums or download links. If you want to register you'd have to send them an e-mail requesting membership, or get an invite or something.

This isn't how we want to go, we like having an open community and keeping downloads off our site.

If fanedit.info really is gone it's not that terrible. You can still send Private Messages to editors, you can still trade edits privately, you can still make requests in the request forum. And the way the internet is, you take down one site and a new one gets built. Look at Mega(upload). That dude went to prison and he's still at it.

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
this isn't as bad as when megaupload went down and people lost the edits they had uploaded. i'm sure editors wouldn't object to people pm them requesting the links to there edits

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aztek463 said:
I'm not exactly sure how much deeper there is to go... :p

silk road and bitcoins. and hired ninjas.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
leeroy said:
this isn't as bad as when megaupload went down and people lost the edits they had uploaded. i'm sure editors wouldn't object to people pm them requesting the links to there edits

I like to pay to host all my edits rather than torrent just the latest few (Which is a bit inconsistent IMO) but it's no good if people can't find them.

Oh well, as you say PMs it is.:) (But if you joined 5 minutes before, I may eye your request with suspicion :-D)

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
we-need-to-go-deeper-25325-1281381389-18.jpg

In all seriousness I think FE.org isn't and won't be any different. Downloading will just be a little more tedious for the time being.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
fanedit.org is not affected at all by this. We completely cut out any discussion of distribution a long time ago, and were never connected with external sites where links may have been made available. The only difference now is that mods and admins will probably have to delete more posts where people ask for links -__-

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's the worst news yet. :p

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I gather that while Info is down indefinitely,
any data that might have been on Info might still be available.
One just won't always know what is active, and what is dormant.
PM the editor, and preface your query a bit nicer than,
"So, you gonna help me or what?"

sgp1428

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As it stands at the moment looks like i'm going to have to loose my shyness and have to send the occasional polite PM to all you Faneditors out there. I guess after all you do want people to enjoy your work.....;-)

TheFoo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
PMs are probably the safer way to go anyway. I'm surprised that the site was up for that long.

megafat

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Damn, now I'm going to have to go through finding out who has links to certain fanedits.

tomahawk

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
98766654321 said:
Get ready for some Mass PM's editors!

Really? Can't we just start a religion thread?
I don't open the door for Jehovas Witnesses and I ain't answering messages from Catholics!!

Top Bottom