• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

What's wrong with my subtitles?

ElmoOxygen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm attaching an srt version of the subtitles I made for my "director's cut" of Ringo Lam's School on Fire. I wanted to have soft subs to add to a DVD as opposed to the hard subs I had originally made. The composite cut I made* was done with TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5. Originally I exported the various xsubtitle files and then put them into one file using Subtitle Edit and tried to import them into TMPGENC Authoring Works 4. Unfortunately, it couldn't read the subs at all, so I tried exporting the file from Subtitle Edit as an srt. Authoring Works imported the first 25 minutes, but no more.

So I tried some different software, in this case Cyberlink Power Director 10, which crashed when it got 30% through the subtitle import. When I broke up the srt file into several pieces, it worked, but there was no way to combine them within Power Director, it just wanted to clear the entire sub section with each import. I then tried Mux Man, but it couldn't read the file, no matter what format I chose to import. DVDStyler was next, but I couldn't get the software to avoid transcoding the video, no matter what I did.

I'm not really sure what the issue is with this particular sub file. I even tried copying and pasting into a new srt file and it didn't change a thing. So if anyone can help, I'd very much appreciate it.

*The sources were the Joy Sales DVD and a VHS that was mailed to me. The owner recently posted the deleted scenes on Youtube from the straight VHS rip I sent back to him.

Top Bottom