• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Robots VS Kung Fu: The Matrix Grindhouse Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hesitated chasing after this. Wary of yet another franchise edit.Did not care for this on initial viewing.Luckily, Robots Vs Kung Fu was brief, so I watched it again.Yowzer, much more enjoyable.Solid work here. Editing was deliberately, royally screwed up, in a good way, in a bad way.Some of the Johnny Mnemonic scenes worked better than others. All were terrible, which only made the film funnier.Narrative wise, the film hung together as an alternative version - that doesn't always go as intended with edits, but it did here.Audio editing: Hate Space. Reminded me of a fourteen year old with a Casio keyboard.Some of the Hong Kong cuts, however, distracted me no end. A half recognized tune caused me to go, "wait, wait, that's from -- that's from --" then the music was gone. Aarrggh!On the audio plus side, and this is major. Outstanding commentary track! Focused, always pertinent to onscreen, informative, interesting. mgh, this is one of the best commentaries I have listened to, including a lot of so-called professional ones. Top marks here, babe.Also downloaded and viewed the supplements. Nothing to say. Did not burn.For what this set out to do, make a crappy, enjoyable grind version of The Matrix, this succeeded brilliantly. Looking forward to chapter 2 -- even if it takes a couple years.

More...

Back
Top Bottom