• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

2014 Movies

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Might as well start the thread for it now... Here's what I'm looking forward to.

Bad Words

NSFW red-band trailer:

Jason Bateman's directorial debut. Rude crude dude black comedy. The humor here is right up my alley, but it's not for everybody.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

"Rise" was a great rebooquel (© Neglify). Not fully sold on Matt Reeves; I haven't seen "Let Me In" yet so all I know is "Cloverfield". I like what they say about where they're going with the story and I'm hopeful for this.

First Teaser:

Dumb and Dumber To

Stop lying. You totally want to see it to.

Godzilla

Holy crap this movie looks awesome.

The Hobbit: There and Back Again

Duh.

Interstellar

Interstellar-1.jpg

I love Chris Nolan. Go ahead and voice your opinions on his films, I don't care if you hated "Inception" and "Dark Knight Rises" or whatever. His movies are fun as hell and I haven't missed one in the theaters since "Memento".

First Teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WzHXI5HizQ[/video]

Noah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qmj5mhDwJQ[/video]

Aronofsky's still batting 1000 and this could be something truly epic. The man knows how to put shit on film beautifully. The trailer feels deceptive, I'm sure the action was amped up to feel like a summer blockbuster and get butts in the seat.

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

sin-city-dame-to-kill-for-banner.jpg

Easily the most anticipated sequel for me. Been waiting for this one for about 8 1/2 years already. Will try my best to not watch any trailers beforehand.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDstNXFWtn4[/video]

I don't care if they're aliens or mutants. Nothing will ruin the glorious Turtles of my childhood. I just want to see a kick ass Turtle movie on the big screen again. This director looks kinda bad though. Wow, there's 6 credited writers? Shit. BUT! It's got William Fichtner as The Shredder... so there's that going for it.

X-Men: Days of Future Past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK2zYHWDZKo[/video]

Dear Bryan Singer,

I know you have it in you to make excellent movies. I won't bore you with praise for "The Usual Suspects" and "X-Men" 1 & 2. We both know they're tits. I will say that I fucking loved "Apt Pupil". That film stuck with me long after I left the theater. Your direction was as cold-blooded as Dussander and Bowden. I enjoy it so much I still have a leaked copy of the screenplay I bought online back in 98. It's one of the few King adaptations that's better than the original.

You're last couple of flicks have made me wonder if you've lost your way. I won't repeat the hateful things people on the internet have said about "Superman Returns"; FWIW I liked it better than "Man of Steel" but still, it put to me sleep. "Valkyrie" was ok but nothing amazing. You got to kill Tom Cruise, not many people can say that. I skipped "Jack and the Beanstalk" when I saw the 3D trailer. That looked like a terrible film.

Now, I've watched the "Days of Future Past" trailer a good number of times. PLEASE don't mess this one up. This could be a really great time in your career.

-Neg

-------------------

Some others that interest me:

22 Jump Street - Loved the first
A Million Ways to Die in the West - Seth MacFarlane, so it could go either way
Captain America: Winter Soldier - Of course
Exodus - Ridley Scott historical drama about "the exodus of the Jews from Egypt as directed by Moses"
Guardians of the Galaxy
- Still have yet to see Thor Dark World
Horrible Bosses 2 - Really liked the first, this could be good

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bad words looks like my kind of movie. senks for the hezzup, @neg.

Neglify said:
rebooquel (© Neglify)

rebooty (verb & noun; on occasion an adj. © ssj)

MWRK

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Unfortunately we wont be getting Fast 7 anytime next year... :( That was one of the movies I was looking forward to next year...
Moving ahead, I really cant wait to see TMNT, 22 Jump Street, Dumb and Dumber Too, and Days of Future Past. All sequel movies with great prequels, except for TMNT.

I know alot of people got upset that they initially made TMNT aliens, but I was sort of indifferent, as long as the turtles were how we remember them from the cartoons and comics. They've reverted back to their original origin story, so I'm glad anyway!
Always have been a fan of X-Men. Can't wait to see how Bryan Singer saves the original franchise after Brett Ratner dumped a sh*tbag on X-Men 3. Really really excited.
And with 22 Jump Street, its a no brainer why people would look forward to a 21 JS sequel! Hopefully they can bring Johnny Depp and Peter DeLuise back for another cameo just like they did with NPH in the Harold & Kumar series (I know they go shot in the film but, hey, its comedy, and NPH returned from the dead for H&K, so, yeah).
Also with Dumb and Dumber Too being Jim Carrey's return to sequels in 18 years, we can renew hope for Mask 2 and Ace Ventura 3!

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ooh, a new thread for me to eventually take over...

Anyway, my list:

1. Interstellar - Nolan's had better films in the last decade or so than any other director, in my opinion, so he's my favorite right now. Further thoughts from me on this: http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showt...ot&p=201259&highlight=interstellar#post201259

2. The Hobbit: There and Back Again (needs no explanation)

3. Inherent Vice - there is nothing to suggest this film will be anything less than fantastic: PTA (probably my second favorite director currently), Joaquin Phoenix, Josh Brolin, Owen Wilson, Benicio del Toro, many other great actors and an interesting premise. Can't wait.

4. Gone Girl - wow, my three favorite current directors all have new movies, this one's David Fincher's and stars Ben Affleck. Should be great.

5. X-Men: Days of Future Past - I was skeptical at first (I really just wanted an FC sequel), but how can I resist this? Could be great.

6. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - I'm huge Apes fan and I love Rise. I disappointed that Wyatt's not back but I'm remaining optimistic. Jason Clarke should be a good addition. I'm excited to see where the story goes.

7. Exodus - this just barely edges out my 8. Theoretically, this should be a slam dunk (Ridley Scott, screenplay by Steve Zaillian, Christian Bale, Joel Edgarton, Aaron Paul, Ben Kingsley, Sigourney Weaver, John Tutorro), though Scott is unfortunately either hit or miss. Would love for this to be a hit.

8. Noah - Aronofsky's right up there with the best directors today. Love all his films. Unfortunately, this type of thing isn't exactly in his wheelhouse, so that's keeping me from putting this higher. I saw the trailer in theaters and it definitely looks like they're trying to sell the movie as something it's not. Fingers crossed on this one.

9. The Grand Budapest Hotel - you had me at Wes Anderson. Also a ginormous cast.

10. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - saw the five minute preview before Thor 2, and I have to say, this has the potential to be one of the best Marvel films. Still, the directors are untested, so my hopes won't go too high up, but this seems like the perfect direction for the character. I love political thrillers.

Honorable mentions:
12. The Amazing Spiderman 2 - I actually really liked the first and thought it was a solid set up for potential greatness. Will this fulfill that potential? I don't know. I haven't seen the trailer (I'm not about that life), so I can't say how it looks. The number of characters included is disconcerting, but I still really want this to win.
13. Transcendence - Wally Pfister's directorial debut starring Johnny Depp and Morgan Freeman, among many others. The people behind the scenes are new, but Pfister's learned from the best (as Nolan's DP), so this could definitely be great.
14. The Monuments Men - okay, so it's not good enough to have been an Oscar contender. But it's still directed by George Clooney and it's still got an amazing cast/premise. Will definitely see this.
15. Sin City: A Dame to Kill For - first one was pretty cool, so this should be cool too.
16. Guardians of the Galaxy - I'm a MCU guy so I'll definitely see this. Good cast too.
17. 22 Jump Street - first one was surprisingly awesome. I'm there.
18. Horrible Bosses 2 - ditto above, but to a lesser extent.
19. Godzilla - a have a friend who keeps telling me this will be amazing. I'll see. If it's more like the original, it's on the right track.
20. Expendables 3 - the last one was fun as hell and this one's got Harrison Ford, Wesley Snipes, Mel Gibson, and Antonio Banderas.

Yeah, that's about it.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DominicCobb said:
3. Inherent Vice - there is nothing to suggest this film will be anything less than fantastic: PTA (probably my second favorite director currently), Joaquin Phoenix, Josh Brolin, Owen Wilson, Benicio del Toro, many other great actors and an interesting premise. Can't wait.

Wow, I completely forgot that the greatest living director has a new movie in post production.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Crap, I forgot about Brad Bird's Tomorrowland. I'd put that at 10 probably. Good thing I just noticed that I skipped 11 in my post, so I don't have to bump any movie out.

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
X-Men is the film i'm looking forward to the most next year but here is another film not yet mentioned that has caught my eye
[video=youtube_share;3MuXrN8L9ro]

I skipped "Jack and the Beanstalk" when I saw the 3D trailer. That looked like a terrible film.

i rather enjoyed it for what it was however X-men better be a huge improvement

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^Yes! Forgot about that. Loved the first.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
for me some of the films i am really looking forward to in no particular order:
The Hobbit: There and Back Again - Duh as others said before me
Amazing Spider-Man 2 - I really liked the first one (my favorite spidey film so far), and i like the direction they are going for this, and after seeing the trailer, i am really excited!
X-Men: Days of Future Past - This has the potential to be the greatest X-Men movie so far, and the trailer sold me to the fact that this could be amazing!
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - The 1st one was my second favorite Phase 1 movie (second to the first Iron Man), i really like the storyline and the comic characters they are using for the story, and the trailer looked great!
The LEGO Movie - I love legos and the trailer was awesome. Nuff said
22 Jump Street - The first one was hilarious and i want moooooore!
How To Train Your Dragon 2 - First one was great!
Godzilla - Trailer won me over. Looks EPIC
Transcendence - Trailer looked surprisingly good. Looking forward to this
Interstellar - Nolan hasn't disappointed me yet. No reason to think otherwise here
Muppets Most Wanted - I do love me some Muppets
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - First one was Great, and this looks to be shaping up nicely
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 - The series has been great so far, and with the director of the second movie coming back, i am game
Need for Speed - I was pleasantly surprised by the second trailer. This could be actually good!
Dumb and Dumber To - Neg is right, I totally wanna see it

*Tomorrowland will be a 2015 release unfortunately, just a heads up. But i cant wait for it too

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Damn, you're right. It used to have a Dec. 2014 release date.

While I'm here I'll mention Bennett Miller's Foxcatcher, starring Steve Carrell, Channing Tatum, and Mark Ruffalo. Should be pretty good.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some of the trailers before Anchorman 2:

Welcome to Yesterday

Jeez, go ahead and tell me the entirety of Act 1 and 2 why don't ya.

Blended

God this looks terrible.

That Awkward Moment

Has potential, but awful dialogue sounds awful.

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[video=youtube_share;9dcLw6CPzIs]

in the 80's they was a comic called frank sidebottom who was very unique to say the least, sadly he passed away a few years ago but they've made a film based on his performance. just going by the trailer this looks like it could be very fun

[video=youtube_share;FfFwCb7lcak]

[video=youtube_share;w8KQhbWDeI8]

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just saw The Grand Budapest Hotel, which was absolutely spectacular. HIGHLY recommended.

MWRK

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heard Anchorman 2's gonna come to DVD and Blu-Ray in a completely different form than it was in the theatrical releases, comprised of alternate jokes and scenes. I think that it should be an exciting extra for someone who can't get enough of the theatrical release, but not as THE version of the movie on the disc. Hope they release it on Blu-Ray as a two disc version.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
MWRK said:
Heard Anchorman 2's gonna come to DVD and Blu-Ray in a completely different form than it was in the theatrical releases, comprised of alternate jokes and scenes. I think that it should be an exciting extra for someone who can't get enough of the theatrical release, but not as THE version of the movie on the disc. Hope they release it on Blu-Ray as a two disc version.

Anchorman 2 received two theatrical releases. First the PG-13 cut was released, and then for one week only an R-rated cut, with 763 new jokes, was released. Both cuts, as well as a third cut, will be included on the 3-disc, 2 Blu-Ray and 1 DVD, set.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Anchorman-2-The-Legend-Continues-Blu-ray/77702/#Review

The PG-13 cut runs for 1:58:55, the R-rated cut for 2:03:05, and the third cut runs for 2:23:14.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THE EQUALIZER

This looks so blah. Been there, done that.... "sigh"....
And please explain other than using the tv show name, how is this even remotely similar to the tv series???

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Well, someone's seen a painting at some point in their lives... :p

800px-Nighthawks_by_Edward_Hopper_1942.jpg

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[video=youtube_share;xIxMMv_LD5Q]

looks like a dark, off beat comedy, with a great cast

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DominicCobb said:
I just saw The Grand Budapest Hotel, which was absolutely spectacular. HIGHLY recommended.

I went and saw Grand Budapest earlier this week. It was just OK. It had some great moments (dat snow chase!), but a lot of it felt like Wes Anderson was forcing Wes Anderson on it. I'll watch it again for sure, but it's kind of low on my Anderson list.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love SCRUBS and I love GARDEN STATE, so I have high hopes....

Top Bottom