• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Star Wars - Episode Two: Shadow of the Emperor

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points

original film name: Attack of the Clones
film studio name: Lucasart
Date Original Film Was Released: 2002
Date Re-Edit Was Released: Dec 2007
Original Runtime: 142 minutes
New Runtime: 124 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added: 18 minutes
Cuts removed/added/extended:

Cuts removed:
REPUBLIC CRUISER COCKPIT
JAR JAR APARTMENT CORRIDOR
PADM?, OBI-WAN & ANAKIN TALK (RE-WORKED)
CHASE (RE-WORKED)
MACE WINDU, OBI-WAN & YODA TALK
PADM?, JAR JAR & ANAKIN SCENE
LEAVING TO NABBO (RE-WORKED)
ARCHIVE LIBRARY
QUEEN JAMILLIA
NABOO LAKE RETREAT
BOBA FETT NO LONGER A CLONE!!!
NABOO MOUNTAIN MEADOW
FIREPLACE SCENE
ANAKIN?S NIGHTMARE
CHASE (RE-WORKED)
YODA?S QUARTERS (AUDIO RE-WORKED)
C-3PO FLYING
ANAKIN & PADM? TALK BEFORE ENTERING THE ARENA
ARENA BATTLE (RE-WORKED SLIGHTY)
COUNT DOOKU & ANAKIN DUEL (RE-WORKED SLIGHTY)
COUNT DOOKU & YODA DUEL (RE-WORKED SLIGHTY)

Cuts added:
Obi-Wan and Mace on Jedi Landing Platform
Padme?s Parents? House

New Edits In This Version:

1. First Assassination Attempt
2. Padm? meets Yoda
3. Padm? meets Anakin
4. Anakin Chase
5. Arrival At Naboo
6. Obi-Wan Chase
7. Anakin with Mother
8. Anakin confesses to Padm?
9. Anakin Mourns
10. Padm? to rescue Obi-Wan
11. Anakin Arrive at Factory
12. Yoda Vs Dooku Extended.

All above edits are small cuts, basically removing excessess dialogue.

Fanedit Details
2.35:1 NTSC Anamorphic
English/French Audio (I think ) Stereo
English Subtitles

Cuts extended: None
DVD-Features:

Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original edit:
Improve opening Crawl Kindly created for me by TAOLAR , transition wipes, widescreen error, sound & tighten up original edit.

Time needed for the edition
planning: 1 days
editing: 7 days (On & Off)
sound editing: 2 days
trailer: none
DVD layout and features: Menu with Subtitle option
persons involved: Father Merrin

Maybe downloadable from info

pretty cool. Congratulations on finishing...
and sorry to bother you with the question, but: when will this be available? What about the first one?

Thanks boon23.

To be honest it's about 98% finished. I'm about to burn it to DVD & check it, then I'll leave it for a few days & check it one last time to be sure. But, there's one scene in it I really can't make my mind up about & was hoping for some feedback.

Basically at the end battle I'm not sure whether to completely remove R2D2 & C3PO. I've reduced the stupid jokes C3PO makes but now I'm 50/50 on whether I should get rid of them altogether from the battle as they really don't add anything. But, then I'm concerned that if I do it then people will spot it & complain that they just disappear from the film.

But that's the only issue I still have.

To answer your question boon, I've discussed this with ThrowgnCpr & as they'll be 3 films being released so close together torrents will just be too slow so he suggested sending it to someone with a rapidshare account with a fast connection. So I was thinking that when I've finished EP III of asking avp (as he's in the UK) if he'd be willing to put them up on his account.

I should get EP III finished really quickly, end of next week maybe, but when they're available for release I'm not sure. If avp isn't up for it ThrowgnCpr has kindly offered but with Christmas coming up I'm sure he'll have better things to do. I know I won't have any spare time that's why I'm trying to get them done before the holidays.

I can upload for you up to just a few days before x-mas, after that I may be travelling a bit to visit with family. Just let me know. and this is looking good so far.

I would say go with your gut on the droids. Remember, this is your edit. I dont mind them in there, if just a bit but if you arent happy with it, I say chop it

Or on the DVD, do seamless branching to provide two alternative versions of that scene - one with the droids, one without.

Thanks ThrowgnCpr. I'll ask avp & if he's not up for it I'll send them over to you.

That's a cool idea Ghostcut. Sadly I've got no idea how to do that :) Besides it's only just a couple of shots here & there, I'll re-watch them tomorrow & make my mind up one way or the other.

Tubes has done it before, I believe - if you ask him he might be able to help you.

Thanks Ghostcut, I thought about it a bit more & I've settled to leave them in, but I've edited them a lot more than I did in my original cut.

Anyway a quick update, SOTE is now done & dusted & I'll be starting work on EP III this week, hopefully I'll have it finished this weekend or early next week.

Another new edit in my EP II is that I managed to remove R2D2's flying stuff, I can't remember if anyone else has done this but it's an edit that wasn't in my original cut.

Finally, avp has kindly agreed to upload all 3 films when I've finished them & he'll also be uploading my Superman III: The Definitive Smallville Cut along with them.

Just thought you'd like to know.

very cool. I am glad you cut the flying R2 stuff. looking forward to these

Wow! cannot wait for all three, but this is already sounding Ggggggrreaatt as Tony the Tiger would say!

Hi, out of my 3 SW edits this one made the biggest changes to the structure of the original film. So all comments & views whether positive or constuctive are welcome.

by Father Merrin
What is it about? This is an improved version of Father Merrin's first SW AOTC edit with lots of changes and great image and audio quality.It corrects a lot of issues of the original SW AOTC.Yours truly Episode 2.

original film name: Attack of the Clones
film studio name: Lucasart
Date Original Film Was Released: 2002
Date Re-Edit Was Released: Dec 2007
Original Runtime: 142 minutes
New Runtime: 124 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added: 18 minutes
Cuts removed/added/extended:

Cuts removed:
REPUBLIC CRUISER COCKPIT
JAR JAR APARTMENT CORRIDOR
PADMÉ, OBI-WAN & ANAKIN TALK (RE-WORKED)
CHASE (RE-WORKED)
MACE WINDU, OBI-WAN & YODA TALK
PADMÉ, JAR JAR & ANAKIN SCENE
LEAVING TO NABBO (RE-WORKED)
ARCHIVE LIBRARY
QUEEN JAMILLIA
NABOO LAKE RETREAT
BOBA FETT NO LONGER A CLONE!!!
NABOO MOUNTAIN MEADOW
FIREPLACE SCENE
ANAKIN'S NIGHTMARE
CHASE (RE-WORKED)
YODA'S QUARTERS (AUDIO RE-WORKED)
C-3PO FLYING
ANAKIN & PADMÉ TALK BEFORE ENTERING THE ARENA
ARENA BATTLE (RE-WORKED SLIGHTY)
COUNT DOOKU & ANAKIN DUEL (RE-WORKED SLIGHTY)
COUNT DOOKU & YODA DUEL (RE-WORKED SLIGHTY)

Cuts added:
Obi-Wan and Mace on Jedi Landing Platform
Padme's Parents' House

New Edits In This Version:

1. First Assassination Attempt
2. Padmé meets Yoda
3. Padmé meets Anakin
4. Anakin Chase
5. Arrival At Naboo
6. Obi-Wan Chase
7. Anakin with Mother
8. Anakin confesses to Padmé
9. Anakin Mourns
10. Padmé to rescue Obi-Wan
11. Anakin Arrive at Factory
12. Yoda Vs Dooku Extended.

All above edits are small cuts, basically removing excessess dialogue.

Fanedit Details
2.35:1 NTSC Anamorphic
English/French Audio Stereo
English Subtitles

Cuts extended: None
DVD-Features:

Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original edit:
Improve opening Crawl Kindly created for me by TAOLAR , transition wipes, widescreen error, sound & tighten up original edit.

Time needed for the edition
planning: 1 days
editing: 7 days (On & Off)
sound editing: 2 days
trailer: none
DVD layout and features: Menu with Subtitle option
persons involved: Father Merrin

FM_SW2_ShadowEmperor_3D2.jpg

Once again available, on Megashares via info.

Back
Top Bottom