• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uh, I hope this is finally a true sequel to First Class, otherwise I'll be disappointed. But who'm I kidding, of course it won't be. Whatever, it'll still be cool, I guess.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was hoping for this ever since they announced DOFP with Bishop... wow. I'm crazy excited now.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe this will be the X-Force movie they have been hinting about. Or maybe its just a continuation of Future Past. In any way i am happy

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
here is a little more news regarding the film
http://screenrant.com/x-men-apocalypse-director-bryan-singer-time-period/

i feel sooner or later fox will start to make 2 comicbook movies a years what with FF4 sharing it's film universe with the x-men

fox i feel have learned from there mistakes and are really making some of the best comicbook movies with the last two x-men films, i much prefer the more adult / serious vibe these films have over marvel.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great news. I'm jazzed for DOFP, but definitely want more of the First Class cast also, especially if the alternative is Patrick Stewart and Halle Berry leading a team in the present day. I love ol' Stewart, don't get me wrong, but we've got plenty of other present-day superhero franchises ongoing, and assuming DOFP clears the timeline slate, Trek XI style, we could well be in store for some very groovy times indeed. :-D

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hell to the Yes!

xmen_firstclass07.jpg

(She purty.)

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, I'm very excited that Apocalypse is going to be a sequel to First Class. DoFP actually set up things nicely to continue the modern storyline, but it also gave us good reason to want to see more stories set in the past as well. Basically, the franchise can go anywhere from here!

I'm a little concerned that Fox is doing a Deadpool movie and a Gambit movie in the same year. That seems like overkill. But Deadpool probably doesn't need to interact with the X-Men at all; he can be pretty much standalone, I think. (Admittedly, I don't know much about his comic book history.) And I'll try to keep an open mind about the other one.

henzINNIT

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really happy that Moira will return. It gives the film a 'First Class' feeling. Apocalypse is gonna rule, but I wonder where they'll go from there.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
henzINNIT said:
Really happy that Moira will return. It gives the film a 'First Class' feeling. Apocalypse is gonna rule, but I wonder where they'll go from there.

Assuming Singer's going to still be calling the shots, I wouldn't be surprised if the subsequent movie was his take on the Phoenix saga. With The Last Stand (and, at the very least, large portions of the first two movies) removed from the timeline, we can see it in an entirely different context.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:
Assuming Singer's going to still be calling the shots, I wouldn't be surprised if the subsequent movie was his take on the Phoenix saga. With The Last Stand (and, at the very least, large portions of the first two movies) removed from the timeline, we can see it in an entirely different context.
Not the next movie, I don't think. They'll have signed these young'uns to at least three movies, maybe more, Marvel Studios style, so there's no rush. And Singer was planning on having the Dark Phoenix X3 be an epic disaster movie, which Apocalypse will now be, so I think he'll opt for something different. It'll at last be time, I think, to take on the very greatest X-Men story of them all:

xsf_zps2631999a.jpg

:lol:
... Okay, no, but seriously, I have no idea what the actual next movie will be, and am not nearly enough of an X-scholar to speculate. My best guess is that Singer will continue to produce but let someone else direct, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did a fifth one himself, maybe with some well-deserved vacation time in between.

That said, since it certainly sounds as though Apocalypse'll be the third straight movie in which Mags isn't the primary villain (even if he pretty much ended up being one in the action climaxes), maybe they'll want to give him the antagonistic spotlight again? Maybe he'll create his mutants-only island nation of Genosha or something. Let's face it, his henchmen/followers in all the movies so far have been a pretty lame-ass and unimpressive bunch...

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh, oh! How about Asteroid M? We've had time travel - perhaps it's time to take things to space?

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ We've had time thought-projection... not entirely the same as DeLorean-style time travel. Also, Mags just got free from having his ass straight-up locked up for a whole decade - let's maybe start with an island before zipping off to space, yeah? Scale, my friend; we must mind the question of scale. ;)

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh hey, Bryan Singer finally remembered that he's making a comic book movie, with colors and everything!

X-Men-Apocalypse-EW-Cover.jpg

MWRK

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Apocalypse looks baaaad. Especially in the released set photos. I read that Oscar Isaacs said Apocalypse will be a combination of CGI and Practical effects,so I hope this isn't his final form. :/

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
purplehorsemenx.jpg

Okay the photos look really, really bad but so did a lot of the early photos from DOFP and that turned out great, so I'm prepared to give it the benefit of the doubt right now, until we see some trailer footage at the least.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
MWRK said:
Apocalypse looks baaaad. Especially in the released set photos. I read that Oscar Isaacs said Apocalypse will be a combination of CGI and Practical effects,so I hope this isn't his final form. :/

Come on, it's not that bad. Plus everyone called Quicksilver's first look for DoFP bad as well, and look how well that turned out ;-)

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
dangermouse said:
Who stole the rest of the women's costumes?
Actually, all the women are collectively sharing one costume.

Top Bottom